cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Ridgey
Occasional Contributor

Hip Fun Scam - Refund

All I want is for Optus to stop any more charges from Hip Fun scam hitting my account & obtain a credit from the company for charges sent to my bill so far ($41.69). I keep getting Optus notices to pay these charges which is in dispute. These charges from the service provider are unscrupulous behaviour & against ACCC rules.

7 Replies
Occasional Contributor Ridgey
Occasional Contributor

Re: Hip Fun Scam - Refund

Thank you Optus ! In my recent bill for July17, I see credit received for the Hip Fun Scam amount of $41.59. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
New Contributor knightsriders
New Contributor

Hello. I have had this subscription added without my knowledge.  I was unaware of it and have been charged for many months. I want a refund please.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Hey knightriders. We'll need to have a look into this for you. Can you please send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name and date of birth? Thanks!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Emlou87
New Contributor

Hello. I have had this subscription added without my knowledge. I was unaware of it and have been charged for many months. I also want a refund please.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Hello Emlou87, 

I'm sorry for the delayed response. If you would like assistance disputing these charges, please send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name, and date of birth. Thank you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor AdaLiu
New Contributor

Hi, I have had 4 extra charges from hipfun this month totalling up to £12. And I have ignored the previous ones from past months having thought that it was going extra on data but I saw it came from an unbranded company and checked and found it came from hipfun. I have never suscribed for hipfun and I think it is outrageous for them to charge me so much despite never even signing up! I want a refund for the money they have charged me. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Hey @AdaLiu, sorry to hear that 😞

Have you spoken with our 24/7 Mobile Customer Care team via the My Optus App to dispute the charges you've received?

You can set up a $0 spend limit for your account via My Account to ensure you're not charged for these services moving forward.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors