Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
alexwhit
New Contributor
New Contributor

Help!!!!!

I have had the worst customer service experience of my life over the last 6 months of my new optus phone plan. I have spoken to a different person every month for 6 months! Yesterday I spoke with 2 different people. When I finished the conversation the woman assured me that I would be getting an email with a breakdown of my data usage and a call from a supervisor. I got neither and now my service is cut off and I have no phone! How do I get a call from a supervisor? The issue is regarding charges for data I isn't use/being charged for streaming Spotify which is meant to be free. Do you think I will gat a call from a supervisor or should I just give up an go straight to the telecommunications ombudsmen? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Help!!!!!

I can't help with getting in touch with a supervisor but what makes you think you're being charged for Spotify use? Is it because it shows up in the "insights" section of the app? Because that section shows all data use, including the data you've used but won't be deducted from your monthly allowance.

If that's not it, could you go into some more detail as to how you found you were being charged? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Help!!!!!

+1 to what @SamSam mentions. I'm not sure why your phone has been cut off? Didn't you pay the bill? Optus don't disconnect the phone for going over your limit, they just charge hefty penalty fees.

Also log into your MYACCOUNT (top right of this screen) and check if it says you have activated free music streaming.

acct.jpg

Optus are usually pretty correct in measuring usage but errors do happen. Can you confirm you are using the official app?

Music will only be zero-rated when it is streamed through the participating apps for mobile phones and tablets. Use of third party apps which access the participating music apps, such as Sonos, are excluded.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos