Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Solution

Re: Have Optus made the ESIM available?

Ray_YC

I sent an e-mail this morning asking for an update and just received a reply that the delivery has commenced... so hopefully the stores receive them by the end of the week. They advised they will continue to update me. 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Scottum

Thanks for the update Ray. 

I went into my local store (arndale) today. and got my esim and set it up. 

Obviously i was their first customer. But lots of misinformaiton. 

I was told I couldnt do a sim Swap if i wanted Esim i would have to sign up to a new service. 

I had to discuss for 20 minutes before the manager got back and worked out how do to a sim swap. 

So they did the sim swap in the system. Things to note; Take out sim card and connect to wifi to set up the esim card. 

Nicole56

As an update, I have been overseas (using an esim on my iPhone XR via an app called Truphone to avoid data roaming charges - worked very well!).

Now I have returned, I went back into my Optus store and got my personal number converted to an esim! Took a few goes, once I convinced the staff it was possible, but made it. Remember to be on wifi as mentioned by another commenter, and don't scan any QR codes until the system has processed the request to change the sim number.  Finally done! Thanks Ray for your input.

Ray_YC

Thanks Nicole! Not the smoothest of transitions but very happy you got there in the end ☺️ 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Baleela

Hi 

Can you please confirm which Optus Store you went into. 

I am going through same dilema , being told that only a new service will work. 

Can you please confirm you got your existing number to sim swap to esim?

Thanks heaps

Nicole56

Hi!  I went into the store in Darwin City.  It took a lot of convincing on multiple occasions but yes I confirm I got my existing number transferred to an ESIM (first from Telstra to Optus, then from Optus physical sim to Optus ESIM).  The staff need to go into their system and transfer your number to the ID given on the ESIM packets they have instore.  I think it's the same kind of process they have to go to in order to transfer your number from a different service.  Once that is done, you need to be on the wifi and then you scan the QR code from the ESIM packet.  Don't scan the code before they do their thing in the system.

Good luck!

gtown71

I went into Optus in Goulburn today equiring about the eSim you apparently go into store to get and was told they do not do it in store and have to go through chat or call them. So in September 2019 Optus store staff still don't know how to do this.

Ray_YC

Hi GTown71,

For Optus residential customers, eSIM QR codes are only available in-store. 

That is disappointing to hear, I will pass this feedback on to the team that looks after the Goulburn store.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
195 Kudos
129 Kudos
129 Kudos
118 Kudos
77 Kudos