Searching...

Mobile

Has anyone had their credit chewed up by Optus for Mobile data which had not been turned on?

bother

Re: Has anyone had their credit chewed up by Optus for Mobile data which had not been turned on?

shooterau

Not so far with Optus but did with Telstra set up new phone took all my Data saying i used $118in data in 35 seconds so maybe same here they kept telling me i must have had the Mobile Data turned on but i didn't so check you Phone and see if somehow it is turned on if not then all you can do is try and convince then that you didn't use it and ask to have it rechecked

Highlighted

Re: Has anyone had their credit chewed up by Optus for Mobile data which had not been turned on?

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Keep in mind that the data usage reporting is delayed up to 48 hours so you would need to have your phone turned off for 2 days to stop the data showing up. This often confuses people and makes them think they are using data when their phone is off.

shooterau

That maybe so with Optus but i was setting the phone up and got a sms saying have used all the funds on prepaid on data this was with Telstra not optus when i rang i was told it was used and that was that i did as the consultant asked and checked the phone to find mobile data turned off and using wifi  so don't know what was going on then Since setting this phone up with Optus haven't had this problem Thanks for your answer

Sam_D

Hey there @bother - sorry to see your data allowance has been consumed! As @Yeldarb mentioned your usage alerts may be delayed by up to 48 hours so while the data may currently be disabled, any usage alerts may be generated by previous usage. The My Optus app is super handy for monitoring your data insights and shedding light on any apps or sites which are consuming higher than normal amounts of data. If there's anything we can clarify for you you're welcome to send us a PM with your account details Smiley Happy

Glad to hear that the issue you were previously having hasn't reoccurred, @shooterau Smiley Happy Let me know if there's anything we can do for you in the future. 

JohnRD

I have Mobile data switched off and have not used SMS or made a call since 17/7/2018.

My only Internet use is by WiFi.

However my credit consistently loses a few cents regularly. As little as $0.01 a day.

I check my credit with the Optus App.

I have screen shots of this credit erosion

Local Optus shop said it's a mystery to them. They suggested calling Optus on 13 39 37. Will do so on Monday 13/8/2018.

END

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
102 Kudos
82 Kudos
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
71 Kudos