Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor Davo24
New Contributor

Harvest frenzy scam

Hey all, I noticed a couple of months back that I was being charged by the harvest frenzy scam so changed my settings so they can't charge me anymore. I don't normally look at my bill so I didn't realise I was actually being charged when I got the texts... I thought I would get charged if I replied and I didn't agree to any subscriptions. Does anyone know if there's a way to claim back money from this scam? I'm really disappointed that this happened almost straight after signing with optus. Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Harvest frenzy scam

Hi @Davo24

Would be best to contact optus via chat or phone so they can make a complaint and you'll be receiving a call from the content provider w/in 2 business days to discuss about the refund.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @Davo24!

Yes! It seems that you've been subscribed to a premium contents / services. Well, you need to coordinate with Optus Care to block those charges from your account. They can also file a query log on your behalf so that the 3rd party company can call you after 2 business days to discuss where the charges originated and also if there's a possible refund. It is not Optus who charge you those amounts..

You can check more details about Premium contents / subscriptions by clicking here.

Please call Optus at 1300 555 002 if you are with Prepaid & 133 937 for postpaid.

-------------------
My answers are just my opinions. It doesn't represent Optus or any of it's staffs.
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! 😉

-------------------
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! 😉
0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Hey @Davo24, If you can send us a PM with your mobile number, full name and DOB we can raise a complaint with the content service provider for you. 

New Contributor Shanester
New Contributor

I too have had this Issue, with the bill adding up over $160. 

I cant beleive optus leaves their customers high and dry like this. 

I was told by optus that I would get a call from Harvest frenzy but nothing.

They gave me the number to contact Harvest Frenzy - I called the number, and they told me to call another - I called the second number and said they did not have a record of my account. I told them that Harvest frenzy was listed on my optus bill and they asked me for a copy of my bill. In the middle of requestions information of where to send the bill the phone went dead. 

My next step is the ACCC, I will let you all know how this goes. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @Shanester, I'm sorry your escalation was not resolved properly. We'll need to check it on our end to see what the notes say. Please send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB. I'll check it out and get back to you asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors