Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
SAFTGT
New Contributor
New Contributor

HTC rebooting and under warrenty

HI, I am 22 month into my 24 contract with a HTC 10. It has started to continually reboot and takes up to 5 hrs to "fast charge". I have retuned the device to Optus 3 times and the problem continues. Optus have kindly waved all reaming fees so that I can start a new contract early.

My issue is that I am now been forced to sign up for another MB after paying 22 month on the current. I do not want to sign for another MB as normally keep by MB for 3-4 yrs.  I have always supported HTS and currently using my old HTC M8 (4yrs old) while I sort this HTS 10 issue.

The Optus web site states

“Your statutory rights:  The benefits to you given by the 24 Month Handset Warranty are in addition to your other rights and remedies as a consumer under Australian law, including those available under the Trade Practices Act for breach of certain implied conditions and warranties which cannot be excluded.  The rights and remedies of consumers under Australian law are changing from 1 January 2011.  From then, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law.  You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other loss or damage.  You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.”

Has anyone been in this situation, and what was the outcome?

Regards

SAFTGT

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: HTC rebooting and under warrenty

What is "MB"?

You do have statutory rights and its well established a product supplied under a 24 month contract could reasonably be expected to last 24 months. 

Its unclear what you want to do though. Are you being offered a new phone on a new 24 month contract? Do you just want to get the current phone fixed / replaced and move to a SIM only deal?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: HTC rebooting and under warrenty

Hey @SAFTGT - I can see one of our moderators has responded to your private message. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors