Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
mariaval
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

HTC DESIRE 820 (mobile won't turn on)

Hi optus community, 

I recently upgraded my mobile to a HTC DESIRE 820, I haven't had it for very long (not even a month) and it was running smoothly until I went to use my mobile to find that it is off and no longer turn on. I did some research on the handset online and found that many people have had this issue with this specific mobile. To put it simply, it may seem like the battery has failed? This happened today and has been a few hours already. I've already tried the advice and methods online to get it to work again but to no avail. Not sure what to do now? 

Kind regards,

Maria

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ed_space
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: HTC DESIRE 820 (mobile won't turn on)

Hi mariaval

Best bet is a warranty repair at the local store with your proof of purchase.

Do a back up if you can before you take it in, and make sure to take the SIM out before you hand in the phone? If you call ahead they may have a loan phone available but best bet is to use an older model you're already used to and have on hand - if you kept it.

Cheers,

Ed

0 Kudos
Esther
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Doesn't sound too good mariaval 😞 Best to get the phone assessed as Ed suggested. If you need a proof of purchase our Customer Care team can give you a hand. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
mouzy_mouse
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the same issue with my phone and this is the second time that it has happened. I have a young baby and have photos on my phone (which by the way are not very good pictures as the camera is crap a lot of the pics are purple different issue) but i do have some good photos on my phone. last time i had to pay a proffesional to look at getting the data back which cost $150 but was successful. But it has happened again and now do i need to pay another $150 to have it done again. (and no i have not been able to sign up for HTC back up or drop box or anything as i currently do not have internet at my house (this is another completly different issue) and that requires an internet connection and i do not have much mobile data to be able to do this from my phone. So now i am stuck with an expensive paper weight. To top things off my son has had two emergency trips to hospital via ambulance and now i have no contact and i need to travel home currently away. I will have to travel home with no phone and hope that nothing happens either to my son or the car as i will not be able to contact any one.

So my point is i can not do back up it doesnot connect to the computer

I have no phone in case of emergency

I have already lost nearly 3 weeks of my phone plan and now looking like another probably three weeks will follow which is not fair i am paying for a service i can not use

When i take this phone to optus which cant be till the weekend as i am away I will just be given another of these phones which will just mean it will happen again so it will be a long two year contract.

0 Kudos
graves
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

• Plug device into the HTC wall charger that came with the device. 
  • Charge the device until the LED glows solid. 
  • While still on the charger, press and hold the Power key for 15 seconds.
  • If the issue persists, press and hold Power, Volume up and Volume down keys for 1 - 5 minutes.

For other alternatives check Htc Desire 820 Manual. Good Luck. 

blue13
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks to "graves" who posted a  solution to above problem.It has worked for me and thoughts of having to buy a new phone have  now evaporated. Much obliged!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors