cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

LHARR
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

HAVE NOT RECIEVED BONUS DATA

I purchased the $100 pre paid mobile broadband that is currently being advertised as having included bonus data of 50GB if activated by 27/05/2018. I purchased in store and had the Optus sales rep activate for me and verify that I had 50GB bonus data. Less than a week later I checked my usage and only had 10GB remaining and by the next day 0GB. After checking my daily usage I had only used a total of 16GB since activation. Where has my remaining data gone? I spoke to someone in live chat who told me I never had the 50GB bonus data and they would credit it to my account and give it 24 hours, that never happened so spoke to someone again who told me the offer didn’t exist and nothing they can do so please go into a store. Went into store the next day and was quickly told nothing they can do and just wrote down a number to call so I did. Person on the phone told me I had the 50GB of bonus data all along but I used it all up and if I wanted more I had to now recharge. That’s a flat out lie. I’ve never been more confused in my life over something that seems so simple! Optus have been running me around for days and each person has told me something different. All I want is my 50GB of bonus data that I paid for which was advertised or I want my money back. Happy to take the matter further if still no positive outcome. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HAVE NOT RECIEVED BONUS DATA

These bonus data deals seem to create much confusion and I do recall looking at this offer and as you pionted out it was simply a matter of activating the sim before the said date to receive the bonus data. If you could point us to the promo page I would like to have a read for myself as there may be something written about this offer only being available after the first recharge.

LHARR
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is the URL to the page on the Optus website regarding the product I purschased and the advertised offer included http://www.optus.com.au/shop/prepaid/mobile-broadband/wifi/e5573-50gb I can’t find anything on the page that mentions after first recharge nor did the sales rep who sold me the modem mention it or any Optus sales rep that I’ve been speaking to for the past week trying to sort it out has mentioned it. Hopefully that is the case, thank you for looking into it for me. 

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

That does not appear to be a bonus data offer as such. From what I can gather it is simply the amount of data you get when you buy that device for $99.  That device from memory was around $39 so you are paying for the 50GB of data at a somewhat reduced rate. Having established that you said that when you checked your data usage it only showed 16GB had been used. Where were you looking to see that information and did it give you the starting amount?

LHARR
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well for the extra that I’ve paid for I haven’t received the 50GB advertised because I checked my data usage through My Account on the Optus website instead of the My Optus app as I’ve been told the app is not accurate or reliable and I went back to see the starting amount and it was only 26GB. No 50GB listed at all. 

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

That's a strange amount of data to start off with but if that's what it says then that's what you got. I think I would try speaking with support one more time and make it clear that you have not received what you paid for and the My Account portal reflects that. I would also make it clear that any further delays in resolving this issue may force you to speak with the Ombudsman.

Unfortunately support is somewhat dysfunctional at the best of times and trying to get any action often takes numerous calls. You might want to try using the live chat below as you can at least keep a copy of the conversation for future reference.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@LHARR, I've taken a good look through our current and archived marketing offers and I'm unable to locate a bonus 50GB offer.

The data specified here is start-up data. If you activate the SIM onto the Optus Prepaid Mobile Broadband plan by 27/05/18, then the data should automatically be applied.

You're welcome to send us a private message with your account details. I'll need your full name, DOB and the service number you've been allocated.

We'll check how much data you'd been given upon activating the service. If there's a discrepancy, I'm more than happy to credit back the difference.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
LHARR
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Dan C I’ll private message you now. 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

I've just replied back @LHARR. We'll chat there 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors