Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN SCAMMED BY THE OPTUS NEUTRAL BAY STORE REFUSING TO REPLACE ON INSURANCE?

dez_blanchfiel

HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN SCAMMED BY THE OPTUS NEUTRAL BAY STORE REFUSING TO REPLACE ON INSURANCE?

NEUTRAL BAY STORE MANAGER REFUSED TO REPLACE THE MOST EXPENSIVE GLASS SCREEN PROTECTOR HE SOLD ME AS PART OF A 2X YEAR $3,000+ PHONE CONTACT ON AN IPHONE X FOR MY DAUGHTER.

PHONE SCREEN AND SCREEN PROTECTOR WERE BOTH DAMAGED AND RETURNED UNDER THE MOST EXPENSIVE INSURANCE POLICY COVER PACKAGED WITH THE CONTACT.

UPON RETURN THE SCREEN WAS REPLACED ON THE IPHONE, BUT THE STORE AND INSURANCE COMPANY DID NOT REPLACE THE GLASS SCREEN "PROTECTOR", AND AFTER A VERY HEATED DISCUSSION THE MANGAGER REPEATEDLY REFUSED TO DEAL WITH IT AND JUST KEPT INSISTING WE CONTACT OPTUS / OPTUS INSURANCE.

APPARENTLY THE STORE MANAGER OF OPTUS NEUTRAL BAY RETAIL STORE IS NOT AWARE THAT HE IS INFACT PART OF OPTUS.

WHAT ADVICE CAN ANYONE OFFER TO RESOLVE THIS INSANE STUPID SCAM, CAN NOT IMAGINE WHAT WAS GOING THROUGH THE STORE MANAGERS MIND REFUSING TO REPLACE A $35 GLASS SCREEN PROTECTOR WHEN IT WAS FULLY 100% COVERED BY THE CONTACT INSURANCE POLICY?

WHAT A SCAM ARTIST HE AND HIS STORE ARE AND IT SEEMS OPTUS ARE AS WELL?

Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN SCAMMED BY THE OPTUS NEUTRAL BAY STORE REFUSING TO REPLACE ON INSURANCE?

SamSam

I don't think he's trying to scam you as he gains nothing by rejecting your claim. 

Either way, I checked out the Optus insurance page. As long as you're on the latest one, this FAQ is relevant to you:

ARE THE ACCESSORIES COVERED AS WELL?

Yes, accessories provided with the device, or any replacement of those accessories (such as chargers, head phones, hands free or booster kits) are covered. Wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness activity trackers, cellular connected wearables or any items purchased separately are not included.

You're probably think that means you are covered but I believe you aren't. The accessories they are referring to are what comes in the box with the iPhone so the headphones, charged, etc. The screen protector (unless Apple started including these) would have been purchased seperately and as such, isn't covered by the insurance you have.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN SCAMMED BY THE OPTUS NEUTRAL BAY STORE REFUSING TO REPLACE ON INSURANCE?

dez_blanchfiel

well I don't know exactly how else to phrase or describe it other that a scam.

if you buy a phone package, which includes ALL the things you paid for, and that package comes with all inclusive insurance, then that package includes things sold in the package, such as phone, case, glass screen protector, support, voice, data, movies packages, sport packages etc etc..

that's why you pay for it, as it's a package, and you insurance it.

so the store manager was only too pleased to take my money for it.

but when it came to honouring the insurance, he scammed us on the replacement on a mear $35 screen protector, so yes, the Neutral Bay Optus store and it's Manager are running a scam.

I'm pursuing it through state and federal channels re. Fair Trading and Consumer Protection as you can't go around selling something and calling it a $3,000 phone "package" and then after you've sold it start scamming saying "oh it didn't include ALL the package, only SOME of the package so you need to buy a new screen protector.." 

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM ;-(

petergdownload

"Insurance" is a contract. It can involve any terms and doesn't have to make 'sense'. Do you have a document that spells out that your screen protector is covered by your insurance? 

Fortunately Australia also has consumer guarantees (that can not be voided by a contract) and if a product fails unreasonably then we're all still covered. Unfortunately your screen protector doesn't seem to have failed unreasonably.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
154 Kudos
125 Kudos
96 Kudos
94 Kudos
75 Kudos