cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mountain-Man
Contributor
Contributor

Got another email from Optus re data expiring - but web page shows 2018 for expiry

Hi Optus, just got another email to say my credit expires 4th November and to recharge, which according to 'My Account' it is good until 2018 - is this going to happen with each mobile broadband sim I have.

Can I risk ignoring it? I have 44Gb on this one and once again, don't wish to lose it.

The previous sim is still working fine so as I was told it is sent in error, correct??

Thanks

I actually posted this as a reply to an older posting, which is marked as solved, figured it might be better to do a new one, to bring it to the top of the list.

4 Replies
Mike-N
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Got another email from Optus re data expiring - but web page shows 2018 for expiry

Hello Mountain-Man. Can you please reach out to us via private message with your account details? Thank you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Mountain-Man
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Got another email from Optus re data expiring - but web page shows 2018 for expiry

Hi Mike-N

I have sent a PM through, there was no link so I used the previous pm to you in October.

Thanks for checking.

Mountain-Man
Contributor
Contributor

Well the date has passed, no reply from any Optus help staff/crowd, the data remains intact.

So it's quite apparent for those that purchase, or will purchase, a 2yr data recharge, if still available, will get the same result at the 12 month mark, an email warning them to recharge. When obviously it is not necessary.

MM

kathysangel560
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You having the same problem as me I have been getting messages off Optus I used all my data I have recharged in the last 4days spending over 160 dollars and I don't even download nothing dam rip off also I have done a 70dollar recharged tonight and I put 20 on in a few minutes it was gone so I recharged another 50 into my account this is ridiculous data all used but I have over a thousand in credit and 50dollar bonus as well its pathetic 

0 Kudos