Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
afanez
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Google Pay - Not possible on a Oppo Find

Hi Optus , I have just received my Oppo Find X2 Pro . Thank You for the prompt service 

However did you know that Google Pay cannot be used on this phone . 

a debit or credit card cannot be registered for contactless payment via Google Pay and the phone displays a message from Google - Your phone cannot make contactless payments . Check your phone software to see if it meets the standards . On checking a message is displayed that phone is rooted or running uncertified software . THIS IS A BRAND NEW PHONE from Optus untouched other than turning on and putting in a Sim.

Color OS version 7.1. 

As I use contactless payments for many transactions including Myki travel in Melbourne this phone is now severely crippled in functionality and nowhere do Optus state that Google Pay does not work. 

To Optus - please contact me as I would like to discuss returning the phone and swapping it for a phone that actually has got the functionally expected and paid for. 

Warning : Dont buy this phone if you want Google Pay !

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Google Pay - Not possible on a Oppo Find

@afanez Yes is a public forum and not a direct support point for Optus.
You will need to contact Optus directly with your issue.
As time goes on the Chinese brand phones will have less and less functionality due to the China-USA trade war.

Please message Optus Support 24/7 from the My Optus app. If you do not have access to the My Optus app you can use social media to contact Optus Support, please send a PM to Optus on  Facebook or a DM on Twitter and include in the message you do not have access to the My Optus app.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Kartika

Re: Google Pay - Not possible on a Oppo Find

Hi @afanez, Color OS version 7.1 is not a Operating system from Google. Please refer to this → Oppo support page fore more info. Can you make sure you have set Google pay as your default payment method on the phone, check out this → page. If the phone software does not support Google pay then there are other payment options like setting up contact-less payment via your banking app itself and set your bank as the default payment option. You can confirm with Oppo directly by speaking with them → here

For returns yes you will need to speak with our Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on 133937 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to assist you further as we don`t have access to customers account on this public forum.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos