cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Takamori
New Contributor

Google Home and Flybuys Promotion

Recently signed up for the $35 sim only plan due to the 10,000 flybuys points and Google Home Optus are offering.

Signed up last week but still haven't received any details about the extras in the promotion, and was never prompted to enter by Flybuys no. at any time. Does anyone know how these extras work, or how long they take to come?

0 Kudos
66 Replies
Moderator Aman_B

Re: Google Home and Flybuys Promotion

Hi  @ Takamori - Sorry for any confusion with the offer. The flybuys offer is basically for new services: Flybuys will send eligible members an email containing a link that will redirect them to order a new Optus Postpaid Mobile Phone or Broadband service through the Optus Flybuys landing page.  Only once you get the claim with the link  you sign for the new offer.  The Google Home will be sent to new customer's nominated mailing address within 14 days after the successful activation of the new Optus service  and the bonus Flybuys points will be awarded 30 days after the successful activation of the new service. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor OnlyJ
Occasional Contributor

So, the flybuys# automatically gets attached to the Optus account via the promo link?

The promo signup page (via the promo link sent by flybuys) didn't ask for the flybuys# at any stage.

Occasional Contributor Warthog
Occasional Contributor

How did you go, They keep giving me different phone numbers to ring, and when I ring they know nothing about it. It is like they are passing the buck on this promotion. Have to wait and see what happens I guess.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor OnlyJ
Occasional Contributor

Same with me mate...no one in the support knows nothing about this promotion...I got transferred over or given random numbers which made no sense...I'm just waiting for the time line to pass (flybuys BONUS POINTS: will be allocated up to 60 days post activation on the Optus network. Google Home Gift with Purchase: to be sent to your nominated mailing address up to 30 days post activation on the Optus mobile network).

If nothing happens after these relevant dates, I know where to go (OMBUDSMAN) Smiley Very Happy 

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, can I just confirm how you went about signing up?

Bonus Google Home & 40,000 Flybuys Points Nov 2018

Eligibility Criteria  

From November 16, 2018, Flybuys regional and metro customers signing up to a new 24M My Plan Plus & 24M My Plan Flex will receive a bonus Google Home and up to 40,000 Flybuys bonus points.

• Available to new services only
  • Available for Consumer and small medium business customers 
  • Available through online only (through the Flybuys landing page)

To qualify, Flybuys customers must have received an email from Flybuys with a unique link that'll direct you to the Flybuys/Optus landing page. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Here is a screenshot of the link I went through.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 5.16.37 pm.png

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Cool! I've also had a good read through the T's and C's

When can I expect to receive my bonus Flybuys points

Once you've redeemed the offer via the Flybuys/Optus landing page - points will be allocated up to 60 days post activation on the Optus network. 1 allocation of BONUS POINTS per product purchased. Points will not be awarded if you have cancelled your service within the first 30 days.

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Jonh23
New Contributor

I used the same link but had no confirmation email from flybuys or Optus about the points or google home. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes me too, nada, zilch, nothing. These were the things that prompted me to join. I thought it was a good deal. So it had better happen.

Will give it a month or so, then Optus, and if still no joy. Ombudsman