Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Getting ripped off with data usage!

They provide a way you can link a site on facebook using facebooks own sharing system.

Facebook has their own "plugin" that allows websites to have pages or photos shared onto your facebook page.

For the real "nitty gritty" the info is over at this link:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

All I know is this - I have now deactivated my Facebook account. As far as the Optus network and the rest of the internet knows, I have no connection whatsoever to Facebook. 

Therefore, if there are any usage charges associated with Facebook that appear on my data usage meter, that is proof that I am being ripped off by Optus. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

They will still happen as per the plugins above.

Go to a site and it has a "share" or "like" button, in the background its trying to connect to facebook - nothing that Optus can do about that at all.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sounds like a lot of crap to me.

I would still like to know how it amassed 7MB in one day, when I visited about 3 or 4 other sites the whole day. On previous days, I browsed many more websites and the Facebook usage didn't even get close to 1MB.

According to the tech I chatted with, 7MB is the minimum amount of data that Facebook accesses every day - another lie. If you're going to con your customers, at least get your stories straight. 

0 Kudos