cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Molly-findlay
New Contributor

Getting my month in advance payment back after upgrading

When signing up for new contracts with optus you pay for a month in advance... when do you get this back? 

For example I have been a customer of optus for around 15years and over this time I have had at least 10 different phone and internet plans and not once have I received a refund of the month in advance payment? Why is that? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Billing

Hi Molly-findlay,

You definitely would have received any month in advance payments back. They may not have been obvious refunds but just worked out the difference on your next bill.

I guess the simplest way to put it is for example in the past if you were on a $100 monthly plan, paid $100 in advance for August 2017 and then on the 15th of August upgraded to a new phone on a $80 plan. The next bill would have shown in the monthly service charges summary that you paid approx. $50 for August 1st - 14th (half of the now old $100 plan for about half of the month), credited the other $50 for the second half of August, charged approx. $40 for August 15th - 31st (half of the new plan for about half a month) and $80 for September in advance.

You can also check out info on how the billing works here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Getting my month in advance payment back after upgrading

Or another way of putting it is you don't pay the month in advance again after the first contract.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Top Contributors