Anyone know how long this is actually supposed to take?
27th March - daughter left phone on train, so I got it blocked in case it didn't turn up
28th March -phone handed in, so I used live chat to get it unblocked (or so I thought....) Had email to confirm that this was done, but (as daughter bothered to tell me a few days later, this didn't happen)
2nd April - still not unblocked, but 12 month SIM plan ran out (no email or anything to remind that it was due to run out / ask if I wanted to renew etc). Phone still unusable. Hour long chat on Livechat to try and get it changed to prepaid. Said this would be done within 24 hours.
4th April - 48 hours later still nothing. More Livechat - now told it was being raised with IT and should be done soon.
5th April - still nothing. Livechat say it will take 3-5 business days from now.
So, 2 issues - one getting phone unblocked after it was found (wish I hadn't reported it missing now - that's a lesson learnt), and two, changing from postpaid to prepaid.
Anyone know why it might be taking so long? (This is 2018, not 1998) Now have a changed message when trying to use it, saying Handset is blocked by Optus network (or something similar).....it's not even an Optus handset. Anyone know if a different provider's SIM will work, because there's no way I'm staying with Optus after this, but we need the same number. Daughter is losing work after not being contactable for so long, plus who wants to be without a mobile for nearly 2 weeks?
Solved! Solved: Go to Solution.
Hmm there could be a couple of issues here. It sounds like a system issue is causing the delay with your order, or possibly the block hasn't been lifted so the change can't go through.
When blocking the phone, the IMEI was likely blocked too so if it was stolen, it couldn't be used with a different SIM either.
I'll need to see your account on my end to get more information. Shoot through the phone number, your full name and DOB in a private message so I can have a look and get back to you asap.
Thanks for the response. When I went on Live Chat to block the SIM, I was told it wasn’t necessary to block the IMEI, so this didn’t happen.
Thanks for the offer of help, but I’ve now changed provider and have a working phone again.