Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor Marcia2012
New Contributor

Getting a better deal after contract ends

My contract has just finished and I'm looking at reducing costs. There is an online promo for $40 per month with 15gb data  that says 'This plan is only available to new and recontracting customers via online channels'. That's me right? 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Getting a better deal after contract ends

That's you Marcia and it looks good value compared to previous plans.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Better be quick though, only 4 days to go!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
New Contributor Marcia2012
New Contributor

All sorted. I found the online chat option (eventually) and asked my question there. All signed up and sorted out. Woohoo. Will be about a $40 saving per month. 

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Looks enticing. I might just take the deal myself. I have a $10 discount for having two phones and home internet with Optus, I assume that would remain on this new deal?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I don't think it does Peter. I believe that discount was part of a promotion involving older plans so changing to a new one would remove it. Could very well be wrong though!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The annoying thing with the online process is you can't really find out until you hit go. Sure a customer Service person might say yes but when you find otherwise there seems not much you can do. 

The critical Info does refer to bundling discounts though (vaguely)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Its a shame the $30 deals are all so disprortionately low on data. I don't really need another 7Gb (currently on 20Gb with data pool) but Optus keep bumping what $40 will get you like this. I'd rather save $10 and stay at 20Gb.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I just had a live chat because I'm looking at a bundle anyway. Doesn't exactly answer your question but given the discount doesn't exist anymore, I suspect you'll lose it

d S  12:27 PM
Hi, this is Ed S, your Optus Sales Consultant, how can I help?

Ed S  12:27 PM
How are you?

You  12:28 PM
Good thanks. Just a quick question, if I have my mobile with Optus and sign up for a home bundle with NBN, do you still do bundle discounts?

Ed S  12:29 PM
Add 2nd mobile plan either by porting or new mobile number selection with nbn bundle. I give you 10% discount per month on 2nd mobile plan.

Ed S  12:30 PM
I check for serviceability for broadband.

Ed S  12:30 PM
Please provide me your complete address.

You  12:30 PM
No I just wanted to know about the 1 mobile. I don't want a second

You  12:30 PM
so there's no discounts available for home bundle + 1 mobile? There used to be so I wanted to check

Ed S  12:31 PM
Rather than keep special discounts hidden until you ask we provide, our best value deals upfront for all to see.

You  12:32 PM
Except for that 10% discount you've already mentioned hey?

You  12:32 PM
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Thanks @SamSam

I got a bit impulsive and decided to go anyway. Given the variation in Optus customer service responses (see below) I'm interested to see what happens. My main trepidation is they we're able to sign me up to an ONLINE EXCLUSIVE deal. The explanation given is when you recontract now the best new deal is automatically applied. The CIP etc all matches so should be good. 

I also asked on the bundling and got this:

Aiden R  12:37 PM
We have the $40 per month SIM plan 12 Months with 15GB data per month which includes unlimited calls to mobiles and landlines, sms/mms and upto 300 International minutes for selected countries.
Aiden R  12:37 PM
So would you like to upgrade for this SIM plan for your number 0434111111 ?
 You  12:37 PM
Can you confirm that number will keep its $10 bundling discount?
 Aiden R  12:38 PM
If you are already getting the $10 discount, you will continue to get it

So the result is anyone guess - my only thought is perhaps your guy was refering to new deals only and not legacy dicounts (so bundling now provides no benefit but we keep our old ones?

Anyway I'll post my experience for the upgrade (24 hours apparently) now that I've got some skin in the game Smiley Happy

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors