cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor se87
Occasional Contributor

Re: Galaxy watch 4g is available at telstra is it available on optus 4g???

@foylema @XS

Just connected mine now - might be all go again Smiley Happy

Contributor XS
Contributor

@se87

Congratulations.  Enjoy your watch's full potential.  I checked now and see the Number Share page has been updated again stating that Galaxy Watch is supported with instructions on how to activate the sevice 

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer?requestType=NormalRequest&question=external+link&typeid...

Optus NS.jpg

@foylema If i was in your place i would activate it asap.  You never know.  I tested the SMS in Standalone - LTE mode and still it is not working.  So you can never be sure if this is another small window or that's the go Smiley Wink

Occasional Contributor foylema
Occasional Contributor

Yes 😎😎 it finally worked!! Thanks for the heads up mate. Cheers for everyones help over the last few months. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Lakeshow2482
New Contributor

Has anyone confirmed if number share works on a gear s3 frontier? My wearables app doesn't have the option in settings for mobile networks so it leads me to believe it's not available for this watch.

0 Kudos
New Contributor SammySung
New Contributor

What retailer did you purchase the Galaxy watch from? I noticed JbHiFi still has it listed as Telstra only and Samsung have their online store with it being Vodafone only. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

It was given to me as a gift so not sure. And it's not a Galaxy watch, it's a Gear S3 Frontier and I'm thinking that's why I can't connect. I don't see a 'mobile networks' option in my wearables app at all. So just seeing if anybody has had any luck connecting the same watch 

0 Kudos
Contributor XS
Contributor

@Lakeshow2482 if you don't see the option of mobile connection in your wearable app, then most probably your S3 Frontier is the Bluetooth only model.  After all the 4g model of S3 wasn't sold in Australia, so unless this gift was purchased from overseas all S3 sold here were BT only.

@SammySung I preordered my Galaxy watch from the Samsung store and on the release day it was mentioned "cellular connectivity available only on selected Telstra plans".  It's now working on Optus with no issue and i honestly don't know why they keep the Telstra only on their website till now.  I think they will remove it soon.

The Vodafone one is different i guess, since even on Vodafone website they mention that "number sync" (the equivalent of Optus number share) is available only for galaxy watches purchased through Vodafone. 

Bottom line the Watches saying Telstra only will work on Optus as well but not on Vodafone.   I can't comment on the Vodafone only ones.

New Contributor

Ah ok. Disappointing news but that makes sense. Thanks mate

0 Kudos
New Contributor Heljspe
New Contributor

Any official announcements yet about being able to order an Optus Samsung cellular watch? 

0 Kudos
Contributor XS
Contributor

@SammySung

Any watch from any retailer will work with all providers.  Looks like whatever was making Vodafone different is not anymore.  Samsung sells the same watch stating "Available on selected plans over the Telstra, Vodafone and Optus networks only" and Vodafone no longer require the watch to be purchased from them to activate Number Sync.

https://www.samsung.com/au/wearables/galaxy-watch-r805/

Regardless of what JB-HI writes the watch will work with any provider and all providers (Telstra, Optus and Vodafone) sell it now online and in store on plans

0 Kudos
Top Contributors