Searching...

Mobile

Re: Galaxy watch 4g is available at telstra is it available on optus 4g???

XS

Try it with the phone as well.  Are both your phone and watch Australian firmware?  Did you buy them both from here? If not you will need to flash the ROM with Australian image

Flourcraft

Hi All,

Keeping a close eye on this thread when the cellular watch will be supported.

One question I have is would it work with galaxy gear s3 cellular version?

thanks

XS

@Flourcraft the cellular watch (Galaxy watch 42mm and 46mm BT + LTE) is already supported and many of us have it working.  As for gear S3 i have no idea.  What Optus wrote on their website is: "The Apple Watch GPS + Cellular and Samsung Galaxy Watch (Cellular) are currently the only devices that support the Number Share feature and use the eSIM technology."

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer?requestType=NormalRequest&question=external+link&typeid...

foylema

My Note 9 is from Optus and i got my watch from Telstra becuasr they had stock at the time. 

NickP

The Samsung galaxy info is not showing on that page right now, and doesn't seem to be supported. (I'm in Melbourne)

Online chat have done a check for me, and their answer is that as for now Number Share is not available for Samsung devices and is under testing.

They will notify via the website when it is available and there is no ETA.

The website information was an accidental publish it would seem.

XS

@NickP

I'm in Sydney and just retested now on 2 different watches and the service is definitely still working on both (Mine 46mm and and my wife's 42mm).  I was the first to activate and download the eSIM early last week though, then I annouced it here on this forum.  It was a pure good luck and i immediately let people here know. Now  even if they stopped rolling out new eSims to finish their testing, early adopters will still have it on their devices.  They wouldn't disable the downloaded ones probably because the eSIM download triggered the activation of Number Share on our accounts, so they let it be.Screen_20190204_172137.png

I do not want to wipe my watch in order to test a new eSIM download just in case.  I do have screen shots from the website stating that Samsung Galaxy watch is supported and even a screen shot of instructions on how to activate it from Otus website, so don't worry it will work some time soon Smiley Happy 

@foylema@se87  probably this is the case with you as well.  I am sorry you guys couldn't catch the window they were live testing but i am sure it won't be long before they go live for all.

Cheers

Dan123456

Im in Melb. Mine is still working too. 

Lucky I checked the forum that day. Smiley Happy 

Andycher

Since the LTE connection, my watch has done something quite odd, it's deleted from my Wearable App completely twice now.

Works fine for a while, then it goes to Standalone Mode + Yes Optus.  When I go to my phone, I'm on the screen asking me to pair a new watch.  Happened once and I thought it was something I did, but same again today.

Any one else had that happen?

XS

@Supporter

I think the SMS/MMS in Standalone-LTE mode is the issue that is holding Optus from announcing their support for Galaxy watch.

This my the second week of using the service and i can say eveything works perfectly when i leave my phone behind and the watch is connected remotely-LTE.  Making and receiving calls while in Standalone-LTE mode (phone is off) is also working very well.  The only thing that should but is still not working is sending/receiving SMS/MMS while Standalone LTE mode.

I am personally not bothered by this at all as when i leave my phone behind i don't switch it Off and it's usually on the wireless charger, so i get everything (calls, SMS, emails, social media..etc)  Optus however wouldn't want to go live with a known glitch in the system (fair enough).

My guess is once this is fixed/figured out, they will open again the activation of the service and the download of new eSIMs. I also think this will have to happen very soon and before the pre-order of the GS10 (that's being announced in 2 weeks) in case they would want to bundle.

se87

Thanks @XS.. appreciate all your input. I too expect it to be sorted for the S10. Lets hope.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
127 Kudos
124 Kudos
100 Kudos
85 Kudos
56 Kudos