Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Galaxy watch 4g is available at telstra is it available on optus 4g???

Lazos1

jb has it on pre order with telstra when is optus bringing it out???

Re: Galaxy watch 4g is available at telstra is it available on optus 4g???

Paddylee

Only Telstra will have it with 4g functionality (has esim only) as per Samsungs announcement.

Optus may bundle the non 4g version like they have with other wearables.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Lazos1

will optus lose me as a customer? bring it out 4g optus please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paddylee

Very unlikely to have the 4g version on Optus.

Samsungs own website states this:  * Cellular connectivity available on selected plans over the Telstra network only. Requires a paired compatible smartphone and internet connection. Additional charges may apply.

So Samsung have only gone with a single provider in Australia. (In USA its T Mobile only etc).

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Lazos1

im pretty sure thats illegal as its monopolising the market!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paddylee

Quite common for handset manufacturers to only partner with a single telco. 

E. G. The Google pixel phone range is solely via Telstra in Australia and in Singapore its with Singtel (who own Optus).

If the phone had a standard nano sim slot then you would not need a specific carrier, but for this device it uses an esim so obviously samsung worked with Telstra in building their systems around supporting this. 

redgumtv

Actually the Apple eSim works fine across Telstra and Optus. If Optus don't provide a 4G Galaxy watch connection this will be purely a commercial decision by Optus.A decision that will hurt them a great deal further down the track when eSims are really popular. Probably something innovative that TPG/Vodaphone will grab with some relish.

Paddylee

Well we dont see Samsung telling people to talk to Optus to make it happen, its all been Telstra is your only option as they are the official partner. (and its like this in other countries too) 

Anyhow, the device does not have band 28 aka 700Mhz to start with, this is a major issue in Australia as its tge 4g band with the best coverage so thats a major limiting factor. 

OdensSon

The Unethical part is that i was going to upgrade my fleet to the i phone X so to use the apple watch.

But got turned around to the Note 9 by the sales guy at OPtus World Miranda. He said that the coming Galaxy watch  4G watch would be deffinitly with Optus. I even checked with the Samsung sales guys at Miranda at the Samsung shop. They too said that it would be on Optus, 

Gets better even Samsungs head of mobile  Aus said optus would have it at  the  launch.

www.ausbt.com.au/samsung-galaxy-note-9-will-be-dual-sim-galaxy-watch-gets-roaming-esim?utm_source=gr....

I can see a law suit here for sure.

Lazos1

I was told from Optus springvale store theyd had the 4g watch as well...

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
154 Kudos
128 Kudos
96 Kudos
94 Kudos
76 Kudos