Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Galaxy watch 4g is available at telstra is it available on optus 4g???

Not working for me yet on my Note 9

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@foylema @se87

Hi everyone.  So there wasn't a big annoucement from Optus, however the Samsung Galaxy watch is now officialy supported by Optus Number Share accounrding to the Number Share info page on Optus website Smiley Wink

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer?requestType=NormalRequest&question=external+link&typeid...

Number Share.jpg

I am glad we are among the first to experience the service and for the couple of folks who have issues i hope customer service will be able to troubleshoot with you soon.

Cheers

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

It's definitely official now and Optus put out instructions on how to set it up Smiley Happy

@foylema@se87 make sure you followed th below steps before you contact customer service

Number Share.jpg

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Nope still will not work for me and I have updated all the software to:( Need to give them a call in the morning.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm also still not able to connect... their online customer service told me that I have to go in-store to get it set up on a Galaxy Watch.

Please let me know if you have any luck with a phone call tomorrow.. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Juat spoke to live chat and this is what i got told.

I just had a check with the backend team and see that the number share for Samsung is in the testing phase currently.... We do not want to cause an issue to our awesome customer's so, once the team have completed the training we will notify you and you will be able to use the number share.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@foylema@se87

I know this sounds silly but i assume you have the BT + LTE version of the watch.   Last thing, check if your plan is eligible through the link below?  https://www.optus.com.au/esim/check

Anyway, i am sure in the coming days either Optus or Samsung will be able to support you better.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes and yes haha. I will just wait and see what happens. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Have you tried backing up the watch to your Samsung Account, then essentially hard resetting the watch.

When I did my 'temporary' set up on a Samsung phone, the mobile network connection was part of the initial pairing process and it worked almost instantly on a Note5.  

Might be worth setting up as a new device completely.  The backup and restoring process is pretty good, I had my watch back to normal within a few minutes even on a non-Samsung device after that.

Hope that helps,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just tried this and still no luck unfortunately.

0 Kudos