Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Re: Galaxy watch 4g is available at telstra is it available on optus 4g???

Slinkmysta

As you can see from this forum post there are a lot of angry customers out there.  So perhaps instead of worrying about what 1 store says you could go higher up and get some information from your superiors and actually give your customers a difinitive answer either way.  A message saying "Yes we will definately be doing it but it won't be until March" or " No we will definately not be connecting the Galaxy watch" would be a lot better than the nothing information that we are currently getting.  You may even be able to keep some customers instead of them leaving for another Telco that has the answer.  Lack of information always annoys people more than a negative difinitive answer.  We can at least make informed decisions this way.

[ Edited ]
XS

100% agree with 

If there is a plan Optus is working on i will be happy to wait but once Vodafone goes live with NumberSync for Galaxy Watch and if Optus is still having this annoying mellow "We’re always considering ways to expand our support of eSIM enabled devices" message I think I will port.

@Dan_C, I have also been told in September that the Galaxy Watch will be supported by Optus sales in Warriewood Square.  I later ported my numbers, signed 12 months contract and preordered the LTE watches based on this information.

[ Edited ]
Steve157

Well @Dan_C

> We really need to ensure that we're setting the right expectation.

Well set the expectation. Will Optus be supporting it or not? Enough with the doublespeak riddled through the Optus responses.

Dan_C

This thread has been viewed by our product managers in marketing. 

We've also reported the stores that have falsley advised that we'll be stocking the Samsung Galaxy Watch

@Steve157

Nothing has changed since I last commented on this thread (as far I've been made aware).

No current plans to stock the Samsung Galaxy watch, or offer Esim support for the Galaxy watch. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Steve157

@Dan_C

You can't help yourself "as far I've been made aware" - doublespeak.

Seriously, can Optus say "YES we made a business decision to support it" or "NO, we made a business decision to not support it". Go find out and give a 100% clear answer; anything else is designed to mislead and deceive. What if I jump carriers, will you be compensating me for your deceptive remark, or trying to get out of it with I said "As far as I've been made aware". 

Also update for others: I have a complaint in progress; then off to the TIO once they get around to responding.

Personally, I think they are screwing around with Samsung trying to get Samsung to pay them some money to implement. Do the numbers; there isn't much revenue 'yet' so they have little incentive to implement. The long term winners will be Vodafone and Telstra

Steve

redgumtv

Thank you Dan C

Despite the angst of others you have made it clear that Optus has no immediate plans for the Galaxy Watch.

Those who have a genuine claim of being misled need to be compensated. Others need to move on to alternative solutions, many of which have been promulgated here.

At least other Optus Yes Crowd members can make a decision that fits their needs. Matter closed?

Andycher

Seems pretty clear.

Agree, those who have been misled should definitely escalate their complaints.  The rest of us can vote with our $. 

[ Edited ]
GregD

Unfortunately, most people are bound with a contract with big penalties. I have 99 days to go for Optus to fix their issue before I walk after many years. I was going to switch my adsl internet as I am not in contract, but will be staying with Telstra at this point in time, at least I don't have NBN issues as there is no plans to offer it I  my area for at least four years if ever. This series of posts may have been brought up at Optus meetings, but it is also being noticed by the other two main telco players in meetings.

Steve157

@GregD

Hopefully Vodafone and Telstra may offer a switch rebate on 12 month plans for galaxy watch owners

XS

@Steve157@GregD

I think they will, especially Vodafone..  If not in form of cash rebate it could be free services (i.e free access for the watch for a year that's normally $5/month of any similar offer)

If you take a look on how Optus and Vodafone have been killing each others offer in the last few weeks you will get the same feeling.  A month or so back Optus was advertising everywhere it's 30GB for $36 plan as the big bang (that was 20% off it's "$45plan" and double data at the time).  When few weeks after, Vodafone beat it to 30GB for $35, almost immediately Optus raised its data on the "$35plan" to 30GB and ditched the $36 promo.

Few weeks ago Vodafone doubled up and introduced a 40GB for $40 and "surprise surprise" in less than 2 weeks (just yesterday) Optus beat it to 50GB for $40.50 and now Optus doesn't bother saying "double data" anymore, just 10% off the $45 that is now officially 50GB

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phones/sim-only?plan=45&SID=con:home:1up:1Smiley Surprisedct18:simbyo:flashsale...

Now customers who signed a contract for the 30GB for $36 just few weeks back are not eligible to upgrade their plan to the new offer, as the upgrade has to be to a higher plan and that $36 at the time was the "$45plan" with a 20% discount.  So even if customers are willing to pay Optus addition $4/months and sign for a new 12 months on the new $45plan to get those extra 20GB/month, they can't (unless they pay $270 cancellation fees), i have confirmed this yesterday with customer service.  So basically all customers who signed for that 30GB/$36 few weeks back are screwed big time.

In my personal opinion, Optus is trying to lock as many customers as it can in 12 months contracts before Vodafone goes live with NumberSync for Galaxy Watch.  In the process of doing so, Optus is hurting many customer and it either doesn't realise or doesn't care and this usually doesn't end up well for corporations.

Mark my word; Vodafone will either match or beat Optus new 50GB for $40 plan soon.  Either in the coming weeks or right before they go live with NumberSync support for Galaxy Watch to encourage an exodus from Optus.  It looks like the number of customers in Australia wanting to connect the Galaxy Watch to 4G network is beyond the previous expectations of all providers.  The watch is a perfect Christmas gift and will drive more Optus customer to consider porting.  It is setting the market on fire (in terms of providers offering better plans) for the benefit of the consumers.

Bottom line, if you or anybody you know is considering Optus new offer, my advise is to wait for few more weeks before committing to 12 months plan even though they advertise it as "flash Sale" for only 8 or 7 days.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
142 Kudos
126 Kudos
120 Kudos
78 Kudos
72 Kudos