Searching...

Mobile

Re: Galaxy watch 4g is available at telstra is it available on optus 4g???

redgumtv

Not really. Samsung is a very, very large international corporation and size wise Optus would fit in their petty cash tin. Although very inconvenient, in the scheme of things, the best solution is to switch telcos.

You can come back later on if you wish, and if they still exist.

Look beyond Galaxy and Apple watches, eSims are being introduced into laptops early next year and it won't be long before home automation is based on eSim. Our telcos then will only be the suppliers of technology and just about every other retailer will have access to 4G/5G. Even NBN will be redundant.

Just be happy you were born into the age of rapid technological change and don't get too distressed about the short sightedness of companies that can't keep up. Apart from a possible contract penalty the move to another telco will cost little.

Andycher

Agree with 95% with what you've said.  However, Samsung loses out in the short term for example if I knew Optus wasn't going to support it, I would have bought an Apple watch and iphone instead.   

xtopcrw

Very disappointing but just been told my Optus sales rep from retail store that watch does not support Optus Network hence it will never be available .... I have already bought the watch with 4G after Samny rep told me that it will be available as h/w is supported.. may be not....

Dan_C

@xtopcrw, could you send us a private message?

I'd really like to know the name of the store that confirmed we'd be stocking the Watch.

You can message us here

We really need to ensure that we're setting the right expectation. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Andycher

Pretty clear they are not entertaining this idea.  If anyone gets any concessions on breaking their contract, please do share.

redgumtv

Andy, I think you made a great decision. Like I've said elsewhere through this thread, I'm a review journo and had ample exposure to Apple, its phones and watches. Its watch is not in the same league as the Galaxy except for some of its apps. Stand alone 4g is wobbly at the best of times and dropouts are an issue in specific areas so you still need to carry your phone which sort of defeats the purpose. Over the last week my Galaxy watch hasn't missed a beat and can live by itself without issue. All you need is a telco with good 4G signal.

Andycher

Happy with the watch and mine hasn't skipped a beat either.  Looking at Telstra deals now  

OdensSon

Hi I also was told by a Optus store employees  at Miranda that galaxy watch would be supported. I am really upset as I chked this carefully as was going to get  Apple X on the fleet to get the Apple watch for everyone.

But my Optus  business fleet guy rang me about the good deal on the note 9. So I got that on advice from him on phone and also checking in store that the galaxy watch was going to be supported. 

I have been with Optus from the start in there analog days with the Motorola brick. Have a small bus fleet ( family) and a  large bus fleet ( company). So guess what Optus when my accountant  works it out. I'm swapping to Telstra.

Can understand business decisions . But bare faced lying to customers ( and from the forum on this I am one of many). Is the death of a company. 

I'd advise getting a job with Telstra or vodaphone before the layoffs as Optus contracts as a business.

GregD

I guess that if you don't invest in keeping a technology company current, you will not have a company for very long. They didn't bother seeing the writing on the wall with the Gear S3 lte either. Optus will soon be the poor cousin with Telstra and Vodafone to be the major telcos within two years.

Highlighted

Damotion

Between the poor customer service and the lack of product offering I am really regretting switching to Optus from Telstra. Yes maybe saving a few bucks but it's really painful. 

Miranda Store has been shocking. All information provided by the sales rep was wrong, including the fact that Galaxy watch would be available.

The CEO Mr Lew said in June (during the Optus world cup failure) 

"I think there is no doubt this has adversely affected the Optus brand,” he said.

“We believe the brand is stronger than just one event over three days, we will recover and show Australia we can be a credible multimedia company."

In my opinion you cannot possibly become a credible "multimedia" company without offering an extensive range of products to support it.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
160 Kudos
149 Kudos
121 Kudos
88 Kudos
84 Kudos