Searching...

Mobile

Re: Galaxy watch 4g is available at telstra is it available on optus 4g???

GregD

I agree. I am happy to have a stand alone number that I currently have with my old Gear S or do a number share on my phone

Steve157

Optus have acknowledged the Galaxy watch is listed as supported. I have the transcript and they have escalated my case. It is their mistake. 

Dial *#06# on your watch and put the first 8 digits of the IMEI in this site optus.com.au/coverage

Read your CIS. They are contractually bound to it just like you if they reference the URL in this CIS. Otherwise the service is not fit for purpose and if you believe their marketing like me, it was misleading and deceptive and still is.

Raise a case, then go to the TIO if they don't provide a remedy

Slinkmysta

I have just had a online chat with Samsung and they have said that it is also available on Vodafone as well as Telstra and they are still talking to other carriers.  Hope that is true

NeilMarg

I have been a loyal Optis customer for 18 years and will be switching to Vodafone one my contract us up, unless the 4G watch is available by Xmas. I might even conider breaking it early. Optus - you have to fix this. Major stuff up to be caught off guard like this. 

Savron82

Nothing but cricket noises from Optus on the Samsung Galaxy watch e-sim support, whats the hold up ? Vodaphone and Telstra are already up and running. I've stuck with optus for over 10 years but you've really dropped the ball on this one, especially for the people that purchased the Note 9 recently looking to match up with the Galaxy watch. 

Ka0sHuNT3R

Not long got off chat with optus rep and he flat out said not getting them,  Guess time to look at switching companies.  

GregD

They said they are not getting them, did they also say they will not support them? April is my contract expiry before I can change, so I have to wait it out for now.

XS

Hi Steve157,

I am curious if you have news from your escalated case?

Highlighted

Steve157

No reply yet. I'll soon escalate to a complaint and then to the TIO.

redgumtv

Here's an outcome. Obviously Optus, as they have frequently said, have little interest in the Galaxy Watch LTE and hooking up the technology needed to provide a one-number link between the Samsung watch and a Samsung phone.

Vodaphone are on the way but it will be Christmas before their technology is set up.

I've had this phone with Optus for 26 years but that loyalty has not been repaid (I still have other services with them) so I negotiated with Telstra and now have one number operational and it only took 24 hours to swap accounts and match or better any deal Optus were likely to offer. For $45pm I get 30Gb of data plus one-number for a year. After doing a speedtest my 4G is 4.5 times faster than Optus. 

That's not to say Telstra service is squeaky clean. I needed to do a fair bit of shoving and pushing to get attention and it took more than seventeen attempts to get my Telstra apps working properly but the threat of losing a brand new customer can be forboding for service staff. You only need to read the ombudsman's report this morning.

I still believe that Optus is a good Telco and I'll surely return when they become truly competitive and interested in their clients. Until then, I've got an exceptional service and that's all I want.

I would like to thank you guys for your input and knowledge. It helped me make my decision and that's what crowd support is all about.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
62 Kudos
54 Kudos
49 Kudos