Searching...

Mobile

Re: Galaxy watch 4g is available at telstra is it available on optus 4g???

Paddylee

Terms & Conditions on that page (and other links) all point to iphone and apple watch.

Number Share Bolt-on:  requires a compatible wearable device and mobile phone with IOS11.0 or later. 

This page does not make up the handset and service contract, so not sure how it can be seen as such.

Cant see it linked to on the pages for plan selection for either S9 or Note 9

So, not really sure on this one.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

redgumtv

I'd be very interested in the outcome. Their webpage mentions iOS11 but not Apple. I've got an Apple phone with iOS11 and a Galaxy Watch, Samsung write that the Galaxy watch is iOS11 compatible. If they don't work together it looks like the Ombudsman could have her work cut out.

The whole point is that Optus has catagorically said that they are NOT interested in the eSim/Galaxy Watch technology at this point of time. That's their decision and they shouldn't try to hide it from their customers who should now move on to other eSim/Galaxy Watch providers without Optus envoking contract conditions.

Paddylee

IOS11 Compatible does not mean that the device runs IOS 11 and up, so no issues on that side.

End of the day, i have a contract to deliver a cellular service to my note 8, this is being fuffilled. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

redgumtv

I don't get where you're coming from, PaddyLee?

Are you saying my Galaxy Watch will work with my iPhone? Samsung does. How about Optus? Might be an option.

And what's the relevance of your "contract to deliver a cellular service to my Note 8"? Everyone has a contract to deliver a cellular service to their phone whatever it is. Just not sure what you mean?

Paddylee

The contract to deliver your mobile phone service on Optus is just that, unless you also have a contract for another device e.g apple watch then anything outside of the contracted terms is not included.

I did not bring up about IOS compatible, that was from your post and I was replying to that statement. 

[ Edited ]
Steve157

The point is number share requires a base contract. It can't be contracted alone. Also concept of fit for purpose always applies. The page is misleading and indicated that Optus was committed to wearable support via esim. The fact is they are not and the page is misleading and deceptive. An honest page would have specifically stated Apple Watch, not a technology I. E. Wearable and esim. 

Highlighted

Steve157

I have a galaxy watch 4 LTE, and I want my service delivered to my device which is network compatible. I put my IMEI in the the optus tool and it Optus said it is compatible and provides good coverage. They have breached the contract because 1. I am using a compatible device as per contract check. 2 the device does not work

Thank you 

XS

Well, the Samsung watch would work with IOS phones using the Gear Connect app on the apple device and pair the watch with the iPhone via Bluetooth.  However, Samsung stated on their product page that "Cellular connectivity not compatible with iOS device".

https://www.samsung.com/au/wearables/galaxy-watch-r805/

Paddylee, you said on this and other posts that Galaxy Watch Cellular is a Telstra exclusive deal.  You really don't have to justify for Optus because what Steve157 shared could actually be seen by many as deceptive. 

Even if it is not deceptive in Optus eyes, samsung fans who just signed contracts with Optus and are witnessing all other providers providing the service they need while they are held hostage to the contract T&C will never have any sort of loyalty to the brand.  Chances are they might leave anyway after their contract expires even if Optus will be providing the service at that time.

I think Optus has 2 options if it wants to make their customers feel valued and appreciated.  Either to waive the cancellation fees for customers who want to break their contract in order to move to a provider that will support/provide the service they want and that Optus won't support.  Or, put an immediate plan with definitive time frame into action to activate the service, announce and communicate it transparently with its customers (the same like Vodafone did).

[ Edited ]
XS

Steve157,

The problem with this scenario is that, If Optus delivered a service to your Watch as a normal service on an eSIM device you will have to pay a full fees for it (an additional separate number with one of the postpaid plans on your bill).  But what you want is the wearable "Number Share" deal (that's a just $5/month additional service on your current plan and it shares your data).

I am as frustrated as you but that scenario doesn't fit.

Steve157

XS. Yes, I am happy to have my current watch supported standalone, if that's their only resolution.

They now have three options to resolve that I will accept. 

1. Termination without penalty

2. Support for my Galaxy Watch as a supported device

3. I will also accept number share

Optus can decide

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
75 Kudos
70 Kudos
57 Kudos
44 Kudos