cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Galaxy S5

My wife's new Galaxy 5S has LTE/WCDMA/GSM as the network mode. The network operator shows YES OPTUS but she cannot make or receive phone calls, Does she need a different SIM or a is there something we are missing?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Galaxy S5

Hey there,

Nope, that phone should work - particuarly if it says "YES OPTUS". Does it allow you to use data, and/or send SMS messages?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply but no SMS or mobile data.

It says YES OPTUS when I select the network but displays OPTUS AU on the home screen. Everything else, including WIFI and Internet, seems to work OK. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Comb

Have you spoken with our 24/7 Tech team to look further into this to see what might be causing this issue?

Does the SIM card work on any other device with no issues?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Marie.

I have not spoken to the 24/7 tesch team yet. The Sim is currently in a Galaxy 4 and is working fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks @Comb, that's certainly unusual.

Was the phone purchased from Optus directly?

Is it still covered by warranty?

If so you will need to take it into your local Optus Store as we may need to send it away for repair or replacement.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos