cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Frustrations with my mobile emails

Hi Guys

I have been able to send and receive emails on my mobile for years using the same set up as I have on my desktop at home.

However, recently I have noticed that I can receive emails, but not send them. I have removed the account and re-set the settings and it kept working intermittently.

Tonight I have discovered that it is all to do with my provider, quite by chance. Again has worked perfectly for years, not sure why it has changed.

I'm with Telstra for my wifi and Optus for my mobile.

So I have now worked out how to send emails again when I'm on the move which is great. However I would still like to use my wifi connection when I'm home and now will have to flick between the two settings to send emails. Is there not any simpler way, rather than turning the wifi on and off to send them?

Is going to annoy me. I still can't understand why for years it has worked perfectly and has suddenly changed. A very frustrated customer!

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cyb

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Frustrations with my mobile emails

What phone? What email app? 

How did you fix sending emails?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Frustrations with my mobile emails

Hi Peter

I have a Samsung S6. It's a Hotkey account that has outgoing messages through Telstra.

The only way I can fix it at home that I have found when I'm at home is to stop the wifi to send emails. 

I just want it to work as it always has and not have to change anything.

Thanks Peter for your kind message.

Cyb

0 Kudos