Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Sammi76
New Contributor

Free music and Tv streaming not activated by Optus how do I get them to give me the used data back

Signed up with Optus on a 24 month plan and it was to have free Music and TV download.  Optus failed to tell me that I had to activate it myself through the app which I have just worked out!  How do I get the data that has been used back?  I only have 5gb a month and have already used 3.2gb..... not a good start Optus!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Free music and Tv streaming not activated by Optus how do I get them to give me the used data ba

Hmm, 

Is it something you'd discussed with the agent who applied the Free Music streaming add-on?

If we can see charged usage in your data break down, there's no reason as to why we wouldn't offer to credit back the data.

It's something that we'd apply if you do exceed your base allowance. If you do go over 5GB of included data, jump onto Live Chat. I really don't think it'd be an issue.

Otherwise, message us here and we'll gladly help out.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Free music and Tv streaming not activated by Optus how do I get them to give me the used data ba

Optus could probably do a better job of informing customers but they do put the information at various points.

FAQ on each web page: MOBILE TV AND MUSIC STREAMING

Apps subject to change and subscription required. 

Or the main info page

I'd also confirm you may have had it activated but were not being charged because of not following one of the requirements (i.e. must be SD, must be viewed on device and not 'cast', etc.

That said Optus might be amenable to topping you up with a Gb or two if you hop onto LIVECHAT and explain. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors