cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Free Netflix, Stan, Spotify Streaming

Why did you get rid of Free Netflix, Stan, Spotify streaming options and replace it with Apple music. Nobody cares about Apple music. This was the main reason I've stuck with Optus as my carrier for the last few years. Now I have no reason upgrade and stay with Optus.
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Free Netflix, Stan, Spotify Streaming

Where did you hear this? The Optus website still shows Netflix, Stan and Spotify as part of there free streaming options.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You cannot get it any more with new plans. If you have it as part of an old plan you will still receive it but if you want to sign up to a new plan now you only get Apple music and Optus sport.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I guess all things must pass. FWIW I never really understood the appeal of the free streaming. It makes less sense now with 60-120Gb plans. Unless you are watching SD Netflix a whole lot, the plans have plenty of data to cover what people need without any of it being free.

I suppose the new plans actually offer free access to Apple Music while the past plans still required you to get a Netflix, Stan, etc. subscription for them to be of any use.

Hopefully OPtus takes on your feedback and if others also start leaving then they may change back.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

They  have removed data free streaming in it's entirety. They give customers free access the subscription of Apple music but the data usage still counts towards your monthly allowance. 

I'm with Peter, the value wasn't really there and I think customers realised that. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys.

Plans from July 2019 do not support data-free Music and Mobile TV Streaming as an optional extra. 

Data usage charges will count towards the plan's data allowance. You'll need to refer to your plans critical information summary  for a run down  of your inclusions. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors