cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fraud Transaction

Hi. I am from Malaysia. I am here to inform that my local bank account got deducted for a transaction to Optus Australia today (15/4/2020) in the amount of AUD125.97 at 1648 hours.

I am by no means related to this company, so I attempted to reach out to Optus Australia via email but to my surprise, I could find no email on this website nor on its contact section. This is awfully disappointing as the customer service email is purposely made unreachable. I suspect that the establishment and integrity of this company is questionable.

Dear Optus, please respond to this message.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fraud Transaction

Funny. Optus is based in Singapore which would be close to your neck of the woods.

Optus communications are overwhelmed at the moment as most call centres that answer the phone have been shut down.

Not sure if you have the same, but in Oz you can dispute a transaction with the bank directly. Was it a credit card? They can reverse it and confirm the charge is not warranted for you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fraud Transaction

Hi Peter, thanks for your insight.

Yes, we do. It was a debit card. I have contacted the bank and they are working on reversing the transaction.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors