cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor h_al_le
New Contributor

Found lost IPhone

Currently in Bali, and long story short, a guy gave me his phone to charge because I had a portable charger, we both completely forgot about it. I now have his IPhone. I checked the SIM card and it says Optus on it. I have no idea what to do because his phone is locked, but I really want to find a way to get his phone back to him. Is there anything that I can do? Thank you!!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Found lost IPhone

Hi

If the Sim card will fit your phone pop it in and look at his contacts. Quite likely you will find his phone number and or email address there or email one of his contacts and ask them to get him to ring you.

Otherwise chat with Optus and give them the Sim number they should then be able to contact him.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I assume he will call the phone at some point. Just keep it charged and ready.

NB as a general suggestion all phone users whould add a lock screen message to their phones. That way if found they can read something like "Please call Louise on 0435 623 123 if found"

On Android its simple:

1. Visit the Settings app.
  2. Choose the Security or Lock Screen category. ...
  3. Choose Owner Info or Owner Information.
  4. Ensure that there's a check mark by the Show Owner Info on Lock Screen option.
  5. Type text in the box. ...
  6. Touch the OK button.

On the iPhone I believe only the latest operating system has this built in. Work arounds include: 

1) Edit the lock screen wallpaper to include the message

2) Add a notification (5 minute delay) - this will stay on the lock screen untill dismissed.

Peter Gillespie

Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

I agree with you @petergdownload.

I would suggest using your email address on the lockscreen as you can access this anywhere in the world.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

@h_al_le If you're able to put the SIM in your phone and see their mobile number, you can send this through to me in a private message and I'll attempt to contact the customer with any other information we have.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors