cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

tj66wa
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fixed IP address on a business DATA plan.

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to get a static IP assigned to a DATA plan only sim?

I need to be able to access a device in a remote property in the WA wheatbelt. I have checked whilst visiting and my 'mobile data' works and the coverage map shows that the area is covered by 4G & 3G. The device needs to have a few custom ports open for me to be able to access it and whilst I am no expert one of my friends works in IT and suggests only a fixed IP will do the job, anything involving cgnat will not work.

Speaking to a few friends that know more than me they have suggested an Optus Business DATA plan would suit as I can possibly get a fixed IP assigned to a simcard.

Are they correct? Although I am already an Optus customer I am not on a business plan with the couple of devices (phones) I have on the network. 

Any and all advice muchly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tim.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kartika

Re: Fixed IP address on a business DATA plan.

Hi @tj66wa, yes we do offer Static IP on → mobile broadband data plans. It does not matter if it is a business or consumer data plan you can still opt for Static IP it is $5 / month. Here is some more → info on static IP. 

Once ready just speak with one of our sales consultant either via the → messaging service or by calling them on 133937 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm Sat: 9am - 7pm Sun: 9am - 6pm (AEST) to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
tj66wa
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Kartika

Thank you for the reply and I muchly appreciate the answer.

Can you confirm going for the Fixed IP will mean not being stuck behind a cgnat please.

If so I will be getting into one of the retail shops pronto in the morning here in Perth.

Thanks yet again.

Tim.
0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hey @tj66wa - Our Static IP's that can be offered on the business plans are dynamic, meaning they will change every time you connect to it. For this reason, a "Fixed IP" in your circumstance may suit, if the device you're trying to remote access does not go offline.

Our Static IP Address link here does indicate it may be possible to get a fixed Static IP. It's not something I personally have seen though but our Business team will be able to advise on this exactly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors