cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Blsam
New Contributor

Faulty Galaxy watch

I recently signed a contract for a Samsung galaxy watch.

After first charging the battery and being brand new out of the box with almost no use i was only getting 4 hours at best from fully charged to battery being dead flat and watch turning off.

I took it back into the store and I am told it will be sent away and will know of outcome within 12 business days. I make it clear in store I am not willing to take a faulty watch that has been repaired (this was faulty from new with a confirmed faulty battery). The lady can't seem to give me any idea of the process or policy.

I leave store unsatisfied. Call optus customer service explain the situation and am told I am entitled to recieve new boxed watch as it should have been considered DOA. Man I speak to puts on file to Boomerang that a repair is not acceptable that customer requests new device. (I am not paying for a faulty item that has been pulled apart to put replacement pieces in)

Watch went back to Optus on the 4th of this mnth. Have missed call (No msg left) call number and it's Glendale store- however you can't call the store it's self back. I wait, explain my story again... get no information. I then have to ask the guy to phone through to the store. Wait on phone some more and he says watch is ready to collect.

Get to store. Asks me to sign paper and tells me watch has been repaired!!!

Not good enough.

Call Optus- am told store was in the wrong and would be entitled to new watch. Lady very helpful. Ensures me I will receive call within 24hrs.

Never happens. I phone again. Put on hold after 30mins, I'm hung up on.

Phone again. After 40mins told I have.to go into store again. Pick up watch and post it away and cancel contract or I will be charged. 

I would be happy to end all my services through Optus.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
New Contributor Blsam
New Contributor

Re: Faulty Galaxy watch

Have contacted the TIO after getting no where with Optus. Hours have been spent on phone with no call backs after being ensured I would have someone get back to me to resolve.
Another call made and was transfered to Samsung. Samsung apologised that I had been transfered saying in his belief that it was an optus issue that Optus obviously didn't want to deal with.
Disgusting customer service
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Blsam, I'm sorry I couldn't get to this post sooner.

I'm surprised to hear that the team in-store aren't across the DOA process. 

We consider a device to be DOA if a fault is found with the device and reported within 24-hours of receiving the device. 

If the store has available stock and your device has been deemed DOA, we can replace the device on the spot. In saying that, if the staff member is unable to replicate the fault in-store, we'll send the device to our assessment centre. The turnaround time is normally 7-10 business days. 

In your case, how much time had lapsed between the purchase and when you reported the fault?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Blsam
New Contributor

So if someone makes a purchase through Optus as a gift and that person can not get in within 24hrs to return due to work then it is just bad luck? Boomerang confirmed the battery to be faulty. I was told by Optus to charge battery again. Which was done and had same issue following day. They then dismantled my brand new watch and store said that problem should be fixed! Not good enough.

After calling customer care, I was told I would have a new boxed watch. This was sent through to Boomerang- so should be able to be seen if you look through the notes.

You can not sell someone a faulty device then expect them to take something that has been repaired. I was paying for a new working watch- not a repaired watch.

Maybe youu should inform all your customers that regardless of situation that they have 24hrs to return to store and also make your staff aware of policy and procedure. Two people through Optus have told me I am entitled to a brand new watch. Had I of made this purchase elsewhere it would have been replaced. Bad customer service in store and no help over the phone.

No call back as promised and 3 weeks later and no resolve. Would not recommend anyone to go through Optus. Watch returned within 48hrs and required me losing pay just to get it back into store as they wanted the box before they would send.

Appalling customer service and obviously inadequate training of staff.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors