cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

False advertising on optus app

My postpaid mobile contract ends next month. The Optus app advertised "get ready. upgrade early - plus, all your remaining handset fees on us."  I clicked on the promotion banner and placed an online order to upgrade my service for a new contract. I then received emails to call in regards to the order (no one tried to call me, I had to call them and wait 30 minutes to get through but that is another story), and was informed that I was liable to pay remaining handset fees. I explained the promotion via the app but no one in online orders had heard of the promotion and a resolution could not be reached so I cancelled the order. Optus should not advertise a promotion that they cannot then honour.  When the plan ends I now plan to change providers as a result after wasting a lot of time achieving nothing.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: False advertising on optus app

That is strange. Occassionally Optus misprints offers so perhaps this is a case where the word "Handset" was incorrectly used. Normally Optus might waive the last months contract (you actually still pay for the month, they just let you trade up a month early). Handset fees are generally always payable for a cancellation - there's obviously actual out of pocket cost to Optus on those. Example here

One of the mods might alert the OPtus App or promotions people though.

Peter Gillepsie

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Jcjcjc - sorry to hear about what's happened here. Did you have a screenshot of the offer from your My Optus app? If you can send through a private message to us here, we're happy to take a further look into this for you and get this forwarded on to the relevant teams. We'll need your full name, DOB and account number. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes I have a screenshot. However there seems to be no way to message or post an image on this forum. I will message the account details.  Thankyou.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Jcjcjc,

If you hit REPLY then one of the menu icons is INSERT IMAGE.

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Screenshot_20180610-191749.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks I needed to change to desktop view you can't from mobile view

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for sending that through! I've replied to your private message with more info 🙂 

0 Kudos