Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

False Promises

Ordered a Samsung S10 on a business plan and want to port my number over from Telstra.

Initial ordering process was easy and the follow up emails were good. 

One of the emails said I needed to provide ID documents and bank statements which I did. Then complete silence.

Used live chat and was told to ring sales and after 30 minutes was told to re-send my documents as they hadn't received them. Sent them again. Was promised a callback in 2 hours to update me with my order status. Never received the call.

Rang sales again and was told to email my documents again and that they would prioritise my order. Was advised that there was a delay in processing emails but they would check mine within 10 minutes of receiving my email. Was told to send my docs again to make sure they got them. Still nothing.

I want to give you my money, why are you making it so difficult. Why all the fake promises about callbacks and prioritisation?

Was do I need to send my ID docs 5 times? 

Any chance someone can chase this up for me?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: False Promises

Unfortunately Optus seems to have a systemic and cultural issue with following up. 

If you need to progress and issue you will need to call back and speeak to someone new who will hopefully continue pushing the process along. If the process stalls it will be you not Optus who will need to chase it up.

On the flip side the mobile network is good and the procing very competetive once you're hooked up.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: False Promises

Got the run around again today. Even was promised another callback which obviously never happened!

Ended up cancelling my order. Will never ever deal with Optus again. What a joke. 

0 Kudos