Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Failed port from Amaysim to optus

Loxly

Called up Optus Thursday from 10am to midday - spoke to 4 people...transferred.  wanted to port my Amaysim number to my active Optus Sim.  Last bloke takes my Sim card number and assures me it would occur.  

Sim from Amaysim stops working.  34 hours later I'm still on my original Optus number.  

Spoke to live chat...am told that Amaysim number has been ported to Optus.  Can't give me an answer as why not to my Optus Sim.  Am told to go to Optus store to sort it out.  

Wow.  Thought I'd give Optus a go...cheap prices but you definitely pay for it when you do anything apart from sign up.  

Re: Failed port from Amaysim to optus

10000000000GB

Some of these ports take 3 days. Maybe even business days. Others take 20 minutes, like Telstra/Optus to Aldi.  Aldi to Amaysim takes 3 days.

Dan_C

Hey @Loxly,

It sounds like we've initiated the port in process but the number hasn't come all the way through.

This type of port is called a same carrier port. If you're attempting to port your number across from an Optus reseller, we'll need to ensure that we've retrieved a CID code from the losing provider. This is used to authorise the port and is submitted along with your full name and DOB. Did we give you any indication as to whether that'd been done for you?

I'd suggest getting in touch with our Sales Support team on Monday (porting isn't open Sunday's or Public holidays) www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobi.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Loxly

Yes the Optus operator got my details from me...called up Amaysim while putting me in hold.  The Amaysim Sim stopped working Thursday at midday.  

Spoke to Optus live chat and was advised that the number I wanted ported in was now with Optus but had not been transferred to my Optus Sim.  I have already provided my Sim card number.

Spoke to another Optus live chat operator was told I should go to an Optus shop and get a Sim card and get it transferred over to that one. Won't bother with that...it will likely cause more issues with the corporate Optus brain...another 2 week delay.  

Dan_C

Hmm, we've activated a different SIM then what was given to you at point of sale? That seems a little odd. If the number has successfully come through, a SIM replacement should do the trick. I'm happy to have a scroll through the account notes and confirm what's happened with this one. 

You're welcome to send us a PM with your order details. I'll need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
73 Kudos
51 Kudos