cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Facebook verification code SMS text doesn't arrive

Hi. My faceboook account has been deactivated and in order to submit a review to Facebook I need to verify my mobile number by entering a code they have submitted to me via SMS. 

It's been over 2 hours and 3 different attempts and I still don't get any SMS.

Could you please check if you are blocking SMS coming from Facebook servers or if you have any delays in delivering messages coming from Facebook?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Facebook verification code SMS text doesn't arrive

Hi dchichizola, 

I can confirm that we're not blocking messages sent from Facebook. I'd recommend double checking that the correct number is registered to your account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It is. I already tried entering my number multiple times and still not getting the text message from FB.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I can only advise contacting Facebook support directly to see if they can verify you in an alternative manner as you're not receiving the SMS message

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

You cant contact fb ...they have no support. I have the same issue for 6 weeks now.
Its a loop ...
I think fb had a glitch that changed our email and phone numbers. This in turn has cancelled previously setup authentication methods like google authenticator.
In my case I receive no sms code and no 6 digit code. I checked with optus and they do not receive any signals from fb (for sending sms/code).
This glitch has been happening since 2018 with no fixes. We cant get past 2 step authentication screen as we never receive a code. So the issue is happening between fb and optus.
Optus needs to get to the root of the issue and perhaps maje an authentication method linked to our account/ device for situations like this to bypass glitches.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors