Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Tsubasa
New Contributor

Extremely slow speed to Japanese game servers over Optus 4G. Unusable!

Hi,

I play Japanese mobile games on iPhone on daily basis. 

Since Tue 29th Aug, connection to Japanese game servers become really really slow. Everything else seems fine.

I experience the same issue on EVERY Japanese games, e.g. Captain Tsubasa, Yokai Watch, Poku Poku.

Before Tuesday, I was able to load a game in 6-8 seconds. Now, connection error and I am stuck in game loading screen. (eventually dropout)

The same set of games (on the same device) works fine when I am connected to my home broadband (TPG).

Can anyone let me know if there is a known issue with Optus connecting to Japanese servers?

Thanks,

Tsubasa.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
New Contributor sivi
New Contributor

Re: Extremely slow speed to Japanese game servers over Optus 4G. Unusable!

Same here.  I read the post about the cable damage a few days ago (took me for a while to get the info). My home broadband is optus,  The connection to a sever in Japan stopped working since early next week.  So I am a bit surprised after reading your post that the network is fine with other ISP.   I would be shocked if this is just for Optus network.  There is no information about this problem on Optus site. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor ErwinL
New Contributor

Me too. On Optus ADSL and began having crazy latency when visiting Japanese sites. Have asked two different staffs on live chat who had absolutely no idea about the whole thing at all but just telling it could be fixed 'very soon'.

If other ISPs are not so badly affected by the breakage, I think it's time to go.

0 Kudos
New Contributor sivi
New Contributor

Oops! I meant to say 'The connection to a sever in Japan stopped working since early last week' Sorry.    I was going to contact Optus, but I did not since I somehow expected what they would say. If other ISP has no issue, then this may not be due to damaged undersea cables, but it is very difficlt to test out the network with other ISP. Hmmm, it's been a week now and I feel helpless...

0 Kudos
New Contributor Tsubasa
New Contributor

I experience a sligh improvement yesterday. Connection is still slow but sometimes playable. I believe the repair is underway.

I would just wait for this problem to be resolved as this the only problem I have with Optus. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors