Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor TayChappell
New Contributor

Extremely disappointing service

I ordered the $59 plan online with an iPhone 8. I hadn’t heard from Optus so I went in store today and they gave me their phone to call service centre as they couldn’t check the status of my order from their store. I was on the phone for 37 minutes. At least 17 of those I was on hold. I was told that the iPhone 8 that I ordered was out of stock. He was unable to tell me how long it was going to be and I was never notified of the delay. Instead, he offered me the iPhone 8 Plus for $64. I have been an Optus customer for probably about 9 years and I’m so unhappy with this. Why was I not notified? And why am I being charged extra for a problem i didn’t contribute too? I understand it’s christmas but notify your customers of what’s happening. Extremely angry and disappointed. 

7 Replies
Contributor Realistix
Contributor

Re: Extremely disappointing service

Understand your pain....really.  Optus is terrible at customer support.  i personally have never had a problem, but i purchase my phone elsewhere and use their network.  Read through this forum and you relise just how bad they are.  Telstra forum seemed bad to me for a long time, but at least they offer support.  If they're out of stock, not much you can do, and yes they will upsell to whatever they can.  Perhaps look at purchasing outright and have the flexibility of choosing who's service you want.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Washburne
Occasional Contributor

IPhone 8 plus for $64? Still with the 20gb of data? If that's the case I'd take that deal and run for the hills mate. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor orchy64
New Contributor

yeah I ordered the same and have been told my order was cancelled ? what? no update, online chat is mostly "no agents available" status, phone support wait time is over an hour, Id expect this from a garage operated MVNO. I thought Vaya were tight on their support but Optus has been really bad through my current experience. I'll look to spend my $200 approx a month for the family elsewhere.

Tags (1)
New Contributor Ausar
New Contributor

Hey, 

I had the exact same problem. I went instore and the kind lady told me i could get the same deal (59$ for iphone 8 and 20gb) in store the only condition was i cancel my online order. I did that and now i have my phone with the 20gb. That would be my suggestion for you. The only thing i recommend is you triple checking that the online order is cancelled and not shipping. 

Hope this works for you!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @TayChappell, @Realistix, @Washburne, @orchy64 and @Ausar if you’ve received a temporary order number, this means we’ve received your order and it’s being processed by our team. We’re sorry that you haven’t been contacted yet with confirmation of your order. Currently there are delays due to high demand and we’re working our hardest to get through each order as quickly as possible. We’ll send you an email confirming your delivery date once your order has been processed and it will be dispatched as early as it can be. Unless you have been contacted for follow up, there is no need to reach out to our Online Sales Direct team at this stage. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor TayChappell
New Contributor

This would have been a helpful message to hear... when I placed the order. I understand it’s christmas and there will be delays, but my point is that there’s no notification from Optus at all to state this. Maybe I would have gone in store if I knew of the delay. I ended up calling just to find out that I’d done everything correctly... to then find that the phone STILL wasn’t in stock and they had no definite date of when it would be.. that was 2 weeks after initial order. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

I can understand the frustration, @TayChappell and it's certainly not the experience we want to create. I've flagged your post for feedback and am happy to pass this on myself. If there is anything we can assist with in the meantime please don't hesitate to let us know - Phil 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors