Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Extremely Unsatisfying Service

I trid to upgrade my currently plan from $40 for 8gb to the new $40 for 15gb thinking it is just a simple process (according to the lady in store). However it has turned out the worst experience I have had with Optus. This is not the first time i've had bad service from Optus.

I received an email on the 24th Sept stating that I will get a confirmation letter in UP to 48 hours. did not get anything at all and had to call 3 times waiting a hr each time. Not everyone has that time to call and wait that long. I tried the live chat a few times and they redirected me to calling as well. It is hard to believe that a company this big does not have a email contact.

Finally got through to someone on the 7th October I thought was going to personally look after the file and was going to give me a confirmation today but did not receive a call at all and had to go back on live chat to seek for an update (during my personal work hours). Everyone keeps telling me that my plan has been updated but I have no sufficient confirmation to state this. I got a lousy email saying that "my account has been updated" but does not state when this contract started and does not confirm if it is the $40 for 15gb (keeping in mind my previous plan was also $40 but for 8gb).

I'm sorry that this is a long and winded post but it is extremely frustrating after calling up that many times and be promised that everything is sorted just to start at square 1 again. If i could get a proper update on what is going on and confirmation of the full plan details that would be much appreciated.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Extremely Unsatisfying Service

Staggering what you have to go through, I feel for you I went through the same thing trying to get a dodgy sim they sent out activated, many many calls and as you say no email. why not send them a letter as they ask you to, what a joke.

my only advise is call, call, call and hope. it finally got it done for me. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sorry to hear that you had to go through the same thing Peter. I will try again and hope for a proper confirmation 😞 it's sad that the customers have to call and contact this many times to get an answer. Thank you for your suggestions though!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've had a similar problem ordering an iPad on a $40 plan. The first order (22 Sep) was given a temporary order number. A week later I contact Optus (through the frustatingly slow chat portal) to find that the order was lost. Reordered... and the drama really picked up. Long story short: after another week it's reordered again and may be delivered today. (Meanwhile my wife, who ordered on the same day, got hers the next business day!) Three weeks for a "1-3 business day" promise is pretty pathetic. And that is after contacting them daily via chat and phoe and geting the run around. Something is rotten in the state of Optus!

0 Kudos