cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Extra credit add on and extra credit

@MissBec85, you'd recharged via Optus.com.au/recharge?

What's the name of your prepaid offer, for example - My prepaid ultimate.

I've tried a mock recharge from my end. I'm being presented with two options:

$X amount weekly recharge

$X amount Extras credit add-on

This may differ depending your rate plan. You can see your recharge options on the rate plan CIS document

Some offers may not have data top-up options. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor LordGrim
New Contributor

I have the same problem. and I use optus prepaid epic data plan. is it possible to use it for data?

0 Kudos
New Contributor pedrow
New Contributor

NEED TO TRANSFER PREPAID EPIC DATA ADD ON TO USABLE INTERNET DATA - PLEASE HELP!

Hey, i am also having trouble with this. I did purchase $10 optus recharge but when i recharged it and checked my balance, it said $10 extra credit add on. My current plan is Optus Prepaid Epic Data, i am hoping that you could transfer the recharge into mydata instead of extra credit add on. thankyou.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: NEED TO TRANSFER PREPAID EPIC DATA ADD ON TO USABLE INTERNET DATA - PLEASE HELP!

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum. If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. If not, please chat with us.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Siouxi
New Contributor

I have this problem everytime I recharge $20 on my phone. The app does not give me a choice it just says a recharge amount and then I have to spend 20 mins trying to contact someone at optus to take it off my extras credit and transfer to my main credit , im fed up and about to go to Telstra....how do I stop this happening?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Does recharging online instead help?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Siouxi
New Contributor

Yes i went on line and it gave me exactly the same option choices as the app, i put thirty dollars on my other grandaughters phone and it went straight on to the main credit, so obviously it's a way of getting people to spend more, I don't want to put $30 dollars on their phones in the future as they only use phones when they are here so I only need enough to keep the number active, so this needs to be sorted as it is obviously an issue for other people too and I wont keep going through this with Optus. Means I will have to go into the shop each month to recharge by the looks of it or go to another provider.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It sounds like it displays the recharge options based on the Prepaid plan you are on.

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum.
Please chat with us if you need assistance with this before you recharge again next.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Disappointed93
New Contributor

Some numbers in Australia requires you to pay using credit to send sms instead of using unlimited texts. So I recharged my account to send out a message which cost about 55cents. Just so we're clear I've already topped up $10 extra credit but everytime I go to send the message I will get a reply saying "purchase failed as you do not have sufficient credit available. Pls recharge your service". What's the use of me topping up $10 dollar and I can't use it. Its frustrating and getting to the point of me wanting to switch service. Having so many problems with optus.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Disappointed93,

It sounds like this is happening because you have your Premium SMS spend limit set to $0.

Please see this help and support article: Premium SMS Information 

Please Chat with us for further assistance

0 Kudos
Top Contributors