Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Exit Plan Early

I have a Note 9 that has a fault in the camera where there's little black floaties on the image but the lens is clean and un-damaged. My plan is due to run out in September so I only have around $300 left on my device repayments.

Seeing as the phone is still in warranty is it stupid of me to hope they'd cancel my plan early and put me on a new one instead of sending it off for repairs which will probably cost just as much as paying out my plan? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Exit Plan Early

It's not stupid but it's very unlikely. The way you've put it makes sense but there are a lot more factors at play and whenever you add grey area to things like this for an organisation as big as Optus, things get very messy and what you're suggesting is definitely a grey area. 

Tl;Dr not going to happen

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Exit Plan Early

If it's under warranty the cost for repair would be postage for them the rest covered by Samsung. The remaining handset payments being 300 would be more fiscally irresponsible of them to forfeit