cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Jhon_73
New Contributor

Excluded usage on my bills that I don't understand..

What is an excluded usage?i always received e 

xcluded usage from optus alert.. my bills always higher than what's my plan.. I don't know how to resolve this issue and I'm upset with what's goin on my bills.. could someone help me on this.. what I know is that I'm goin to pay only 105 $/ mo. And extra 10$ if I exceed 15GB.. but what's happening I'm paying more because of excluded usage....I want to solve this..

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Excluded usage on my bills that I don't understand..

Excluded usage normally means anything not included in your plan.

Like Premium Texts Like Pinaboo triva or any 1900 texts Whether you signed up or not this could be the problem in your usage it should tell you what it's for.

If it is Premium content and you didn't request it it will turn up every month till cancelled.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jhon_73
New Contributor

How to know if I having those things and how to cancel it or stop ? Can I get an idea... actually i don't used all 15GB/ mo. And also  not consuming 400min.. but I'm paying higher.. it's very unfair..

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

If you do have premium contents turn on go to my account settings scroll dpwn to premium click to open then slide the bar to zero

This doesn't have anything to do with the 400 min that calls

Best bet is contact Live Chat o

www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/content-services-faqs-spend-control?...

Click the Settings tab (on the right hand side) Go to Premium SMS Spend Control and click Set Up (this spend limit applies to all third party content you purchase whether billed by Premium SMS or Direct Carrier Billing) Follow the link that will take you to the Optus Zoo portal.

r Ring billing within Optus

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Hey @Jhon_73. Some excellent advice from @shooterau. If you know you're not going over your data, you certainly may be getting charged for premium content. It sounds like you're viewing a snapshot of your bill but not looking at the actual invoice. To view your invoice and see what you've been charged for, please log into your My Account here . Once you've logged in, please go to your dashboard where you'll be able to download the pdf invoice showing your itemised charges. If you have any trouble logging in, reducing your premium content spend limit or would like us to view your bill and explain the charges, either chat to us here or send us a private message.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Dikididik
Occasional Contributor

Hey @Jhon_73. Some excellent advice from @shooterau. If you know you're not going over your data, 

---- This is completely wrong, how could external parties (Third Parties) or companies get hold of your Optus account and start charging your Optus account without your authorization? 

Unless Optus is in leaue with these parties or supplies your account details to these company and share the same billing platform, there is no way external Premium or non premium services should be allowed to charge your mobile account!!!

Is like I bought a car from Holden, however NRMA have charge my Holden Bills for other services that you didn't authorize for. 

Unless Holden and NRMA have partnership this would be illegal here in Australia.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @Dikididik, these third-party content services generally need to be subscribed to, so you'll receive an SMS detailing the opt-out procedures. Sometimes it's simply a matter of clicking a banner or downloading a game, and then selecting a certain option that opens the floodgates. We also make it fairly easy for people to limit the external spend outside of their bill by managing spend control and limiting it to $0, effectively stopping these services at the gate. This is detailed here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Dikididik
Occasional Contributor

I will give you full  licnesw and authorization to access all my sms in last 2 months since I join Optus post paid! 

I gurantee you that I do not receive any SMS confirmation for any Premium service ! Somehow I still been charged by Optus recklessly and unlawfully on my bill!

This is cr1minal what Optus do! I have never thought company like Optus deal with such dodgy transactions but you guys have opened my eyes!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

I completely understand your frustration @Dikididik. Charges are billed on behalf of a third party content provider however, and if you didn't receive notification then you can dispute the charges by contacting the service provider directly. If that doesn't resolve the issue then we can investigate on your behalf.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello If this is a new number you have it also could be left over from a previous owner I had this happen to me finally got it sorted but it was not easy See if you can find out when the charges were for and again if before you got the number it is happening on then that's up to Optus to help fix I think

0 Kudos
Top Contributors