Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Excessive data usage

I have tried calling,too long,tried messaging on app,doesn’t work,tried chat on app,doesn’t work,no email address at all ,I’m trying this now! Very Frustrating My data usage has gone right up the last 2 months! I NEVER rarely exceed my 4 gb per month,occasionally 1 extra for $10 . This is has to be due to the Wifi at home not working! we’ll mobile phone not connecting,even though it says connected and symbol is showing I know the modem and wifi unit is working as my computer and 6 smart TV’s all connected to wifi no problems!! So it’s either my actual mobile phone or servicing issues! What is the best way to rectify or solve this issue? I’m not paying an extra $30-$40 a month on my mobile bill when this has never happened before. I’m getting charged 1gb every 5 or 6 days! Nothing has changed with my usage or streaming or anything else!!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Excessive data usage

Hi there Rosie2014,

The best way to rectify or solve your issue would be to successfully get in touch with Optus. When you say messaging/chatting via the App doesn't work, in what way? Do you get an error message? Do you have the latest version of the My Optus app installed? Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app?

Another way is to understand where your data is going. Have you looked at your data breakdown is the app or by logging into My Account? Have you checked your Apps information in your phone to see what ones are using data?

Overall if your mobile isn't connected to the home Wifi then that's clearly a major reason also. You've said all your other devices connect fine so it must be something to do with the mobile itself. Similar to the app questions, do you get an error message? Do you have the latest phone software installed?

Once you are able to get in contact with Optus, it's highly likely all these questions will be asked to try and help resolve your enquiry.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos