Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor JodyO
New Contributor

Excessive Bill

Hello,

ive just received my monthly bill which is almost $1000 more than it normall is. I’m very distressed. It quotes my $80 plan, then my mobile phone bill, and ten two shared data plans, one of which is billing at $947!

i cannot understand how on Earth this could happen, and of course I cannot afford to pay this. Please can someone help me?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Excessive Bill

Hi @JodyO ,

Yeah that sounds frightening. Do you have another person on the account sharnig the data? 

Either way at this stage just contact Optus billing directly and ask what's up (at this point you've just recieve an automatic bill). After they explain (or fix it) then let us know and there are several options for you.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor JodyO
New Contributor

Hi Peter. Thanks for replying. I have recently been overseas, but I took my SIM card out when I arrived in Rome, and paid for a local SIM card. I also only used my iPaD in the accommodation where there was WIFI. I went into ozptus before I left and they agreed that buying a local SIM card would be the way to go. Could it possibly be due to that?

yes, it is frightening.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

There's a phone and an iPad? You replaced the SIM in the phone which ensures it is using a local data plan but it sounds like the iPad has its own SIM? WIfi connectivity can be up and down and its possible your iPad was just streaming data via Oz.

Have a look at its settings / data usage. Apple isn't great on reporting data usage but it might have what apps used what (roaming) data when (they don't report wifi data)

But ultimately its best to contact Optus and see what they have to say.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Top Contributors