cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Pg111
New Contributor

Ever have Optus block your call?

Made the choice to swap to Optus from Virigin because they were offering to waive end of contract etc. First they port the number before the handset is even posted then tell me order can't be completed because I gave the wrong account details (I didn't). Six phone calls later, 4 attempts to correct the port, I have a handset but no service. At one time I got angry with them (about call no. 4) after they prematurely caused the Virgin service to be disconnected. 

When I tried to call them back after following their instructions to call Virgin because the error was there (FYI it wasn't - Optus had ported the number too early)  my call would not go through. I rang from a different number and it went through straight away. 

I think I have a right to be angry when I receive the same dismissive platitudes without any real resolution of the problem. Now facing another 24 hours with no phone service. Soooo regret the decision the change over 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Ever have Optus block your call?

@Pg111, we've noticed a few similar enquiries start to trickle down through our social media service channels.

Customers are reporting their service having been ported to Optus before the order fulfilment is complete. This is then causing the orders to fail and not activate as there is no SIM card number attached (or even delivered yet). This seems to only be orders where delivery is required.

We've been asked to forward these enquiries to the team responsible for managing these requests. We're just trying to determine how many customers have been impacted.

Can you fill out the template below? Send that through to us via PM.

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:

Mobile number: 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Pg111
New Contributor

Re: Ever have Optus block your call?

After 4 days of PMs with Optus staff, still no resolution. Nine days of no phone service. 12 days since signing with Optus. BIGGEST regret for a long time. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors