Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Bad_Exp
Occasional Contributor

Error in Billing

Where do I even start!

It has been downhill all the way since getting onto an Optus mobile plan. Regretted my decision to have gone with Optus.

The Situation: Was billed $520 monthly for a non existence device from a previous BYO Optus plan. (Just want to make sure that everyone understands that BYO means BRING YOUR OWN device, so logically I do not have any device with Optus)

The Task: To get Optus to reverse this charges from my bill. (Simple? ... so you think)

The Action: Called optus numerous times. 30 - 40 min wait each time. Got to a billing officer finally and she acknowledges that it was an Optus error and the additional handset charges will be reversed from my bill. Follwed by an SMS confirmation.

Called again on Monday as I have not heard any action / confirmation of resolution. 1.5 hours in total on the phone to explain the whole situation again to another billing officer. In the end was told that the issue is escaled to level 3! (suposedly the supreme court of Optus). When asked when will this be resolved? No answer. When asked to speak to a supervisor, nooooooo, they are too high and mightly to even talk to me. Waited on the line for another 30 min and got cut off. Dissapointing support Optus! Dissapointing.

The Solution: NONE, 0, ZILCH and it wasn't even the customer's fault.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Error in Billing

Yep frustrating and a total waste of time. You might want to give level 3 the opportunity to look at the problem and if nothing is resolved in a reasonable time frame I would be making an official complaint to the TIO. Information on the link below should help you with that.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/complaints-compliments?requestType=NormalRequest&id=1409...

Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Feel free to shoot me a private message if you would like someone to check on your case. It sounds like the first rep has raised the escalation and it is now pending to be completed. Apologies for the stress and inconvenience this has caused.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Day 3 in Level 3!

No reply, No SMS as promised, no calls.

Urgency to resolve issues, zero!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Day 5 in Level 3 + contacted by 2 moderators ... 

As expected, No reply, no status updates, no resolution ....

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor Clarkie
Contributor

Hi, 

I had a similar problem and experience with Optus, that was just resolved (a really simple error by Optus).  As noted above, sadly, the best way to deal with billing problems with Optus seems to be to escalate to the TIO.  This is because the call centre/on-line chat is not empowered to correct billing mistakes, only to escalate.  Meanwhile the Optus billing / credit system rolls on, charges you fees and threatens to disconnect you.   The TIO complaints are dealt with by a company in Adelaide, with real english speaking Australians who can make a decision on the spot.  

Rather than wasting ~1 hour for each contact, just click through here:  http://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint.   You should receive a call in 5-10 business days and resolve your issue in 10 minutes.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors