cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
rich1980
New Contributor
New Contributor

Epic Prepaid bonus (60GB) not applicable to existing Optus customer?

Hi ,

I am currently on a mobile plan that has expired and looking to sign up to the optus epic value prepaid for the special currently on offer i.e $150 for 60gb + bonus 60gb data - 365 expiry and to keep my existing number

I asked someone at an Optus store and said it was possible , however the people online I have been told the bonus data will not apply for existing optus customers taking up this offer, only applies to customers transferring from another provider or getting a new number.  Please confirm that this offer is not applicable to current optus customers. If this is the case looks like ill be porting my number out.

thanks

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Epic Prepaid bonus (60GB) not applicable to existing Optus customer?

Yes, Optus require existing customers to jump through hoops to keep their existing number.

So the approach is to port out (I suggest AmaySIM $10 a year prepaid deal but all you need to do is select a prepaid offer that does port your number). Then reverse the process back to Optus as a 'new' customer.

You might also like to look at similar deals by Boost. They have a great 240Gb for $250 deal at the moment over a year (So basically 20Gb for $20 a month). That would be a single jump. But if you want to do the double then its available.
0 Kudos
rich1980
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yep - thats where I am going to move my numbers to , I did look at porting number out then back in but cant be bothered as I am going to take up the boost deal with Telstra you mention $240GB for $250 , been an optus customer i think 4 years+ now, thought they would help me out, but have no interest in retaining their customer.
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@rich1980  A lot of companies go down this road of offering good deals to new customers and exclude their existing customers from the same offer.
Customer loyalty was valued and rewarded but it does not seem to happen very much anymore.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos