Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Lisaebaker
New Contributor

Epic Data Prepaid Sim for NZ traveller

Hi There. I am travelling to Sydney on the 8th of Jan and interested in picking up a couple of the $15 Epic Data Sim cards that are usually $40 (one for me and one for my son.) The special only goes til the 6th and since the place we are staying is a private residence which is currently empty I can't really get them delived to there. However, I do have a friend and her husband who are in Melbourne today and travelling back to NZ tomorrow. Are they able to just go in to a Yes Optus store (or other Optus retailer, maybe at Melbourne airport) and just buy 2 of these cards? Will they have to provide all the info to set up the SIM there and then? Or can they just buy the cards and give them to me so I can get everything set up when I arrive on the 8th (may even try to go in to the Optus store at Sydney airort on arrival if that could work.) Really appreciate advice asap so I can get in contact with my friend asap. Cheers Lisa

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Moderator Aron_YC

Re: Epic Data Prepaid Sim for NZ traveller

Hey @Lisaebaker

Your friend should be able to buy the starter kit for this without activating it then, and you can just activate these when you arrive.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Thanks for that Aron.  My friend did indeed pick me one up from an Optus store in Bourke St, Melbourne yesterday where she was told the same thing by the salesperson.  Though interestingly, they said the $15 "deal" that is shown on the Optus website, which I had sent her a screenshot of, must be Online only - even though as far as I can see it does not state that anywhere on the site.  So she had to pay $20 for the same Sim Starter Kit in-store - which I guess is still better than $40. 😉  One more question if I may - I am thinking of ordering another one to be sent to the address we will be staying at.  On the website it states "free next day metro delivery".  Would I be right in thinking that Bellevue Hill, where we will be staying, is in the Sydney Metro area?  Also, think I saw elsewhere on here that they use Australia Courier Post & that SIM only packages do not need to be signed for.  At the time of ordering is there an option to add a note that says "Permission to Leave"? As we will be relying on public transport, I don't really want to faff around trying to get to the local Post Office to collect it.  Thanks in advance!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Aron_YC

Ah great to hear that they got one for you. The Bellevue Hill is definitely a metro area as well so you shouldn't have any troubles with delivery, you can also request authority to leave, however I'm not sure if that can be done through our self serve online ordering process as it's been a while since I've had a look myself. If it's not there you may need to speak with our Sales team so they can select that option for you.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Awesome - thanks so much for your help! 😜
0 Kudos
Top Contributors