Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jabiru
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Endless data

Hi there
I have tried several times to activate 'Endless Data' but each time I get an error - "We can't make this change now. Please try again soon."
I have messaged Optus twice & both times (after lengthy communications) were told 'Endless Data' had been activated.
Two days ago I received a data usage alert sms which included the part about adding 1GB for $10 when I reach my limit. Makes me think I'm not on endless.
Also when I check in the app, 'Endless Data' is NOT checked.
I am on a $50 My Plan Plus.
Thanks
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: Endless data

Hi @Jabiru, thanks for getting in touch with us. We're sorry you're having issues with activating endless data. Hm, are you perhaps an Ex-Virgin customer that migrated to Optus? There are a few cases where  Ex-Virgin customers are unable to change their Data Choice option to Endless Data. It's also worth noting that you're unable to change to Endless Data while your services is suspended. 

Do any of these scenarios  apply to you? Tina. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Jabiru
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes I am an Ex-Virgin customer.
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Thanks for confirming that for us, @Jabiru. We're aware of the issue impacting  Ex-Virgin customers and we're currently working on resolving this. In saying that, please send us a send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page and we'll be able to see what we can do about the excess data fees. Tina. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Jabiru
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the info Tina. I'm happy to finally get to the bottom of it.
As yet I don't have any excess data charge, the sms was just the 50% usuagee alert/warning.
Thanks again for clearing this up, hopefully it can be sorted soon.
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

You're most welcome, @Jabiru. Please continue to monitor your data usage via My Optus app. If you need a hand with anything else, please let us know 🙂 

Silentwalker
New Contributor
New Contributor

I was having the same issue, and noticed it was originally enabled in the app but disabled its self some time late yesterday. Only checked again because I too got the data text.

It's good that this is being looked into and hopefully is resolved soon.
0 Kudos
Jabiru
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My partner noticed last night that his setting has changed to Endless Data. He didn't do anything.
He was having the same trouble as me not being able to change the setting to Endless Data but hadn't tried to change it for days.
In an online chat with Optus he was advised he wasn't eligible for Endless Data.
The plot thickens.
0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Our apologies for any confusion caused, Jabiru. See below for our Must Mentions regarding Endless Data: 

• Applies to all Postpaid Mobile and Mobile Broadband services that share data on your account
  • When your shared data allowance is exhausted your speed will be slowed to a maximum of 1.5Mbps
  • Usage whilst slowed is unmetered and will not impact any additional shared data added during your current billing month
  • Additional Data Add-ons, including Unlimited Data Day can be purchased to increase your data allowance and remove any speed restrictions. Once the included data is used your speed will be slowed again until the start of your next bill cycle
  • You can change between Endless Data and Automatic $10 for 1GB once per bill cycle
  • Data usage information is typically 4 hours old - you will be liable for any excess charges occurred before opting into Endless Data
  • For data use in Australia only

Therefore, Endless Data should be available to your partner if his service is postpaid. As briefly covered above, we're aware of an issue impacting some ex-Virgin customers and we've been working on a resolution to this. 

Jabiru
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No prob. Just thought it interesting his option changed by itself.
He is postpaid and Ex-Virgin also.
0 Kudos