Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ScottyPe
New Contributor
New Contributor

End of lease contract

I have i phone 8 plus 256GB. I have been leasing  for nearly 24 months. Contract nearly finished. Anyone have any idea on “market value” Optus will church for me to buy it. Is in good working order needing no repairs.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ScottyPe
New Contributor
New Contributor

Contract Ends soon

I have i phone 8 plus 256GB. I have been leasing  for nearly 24 months. Contract nearly finished. Anyone have any idea on “market value” Optus will church for me to buy it. Is in good working order needing no repairs.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: End of lease contract

Its one of the (several) drawbacks of leasing that you have no control over the buy back pricing. Optus publish no indicative values and it would seem to be based on an individual assessment on the day. Online used pricing suggests around $700-$800 might be a "fair market price"

One plus is you don't have to take it up. Get it assessed and you'll get an offer price and you can decide to accept or not. Might be $500 or might be $1000?

Depending where it sits an alternative might be to put the $ towards a bit newer model. Regardless of your choice you'll need a SIM Only plan. For me $40 for 40Gb is a good current deal. Add to that say a not new iPhone XR 128 Gb (do you actively use the second lot of 128Gb now? ) like this. That amount's to a $135 12 month plan with the new phone instead of a $100 12 month plan with the buy out (at $750). 

Anyway its all just options. You'll have some choices anyway (FWIW my main recommendation is avoid lease plans going forward - the $240 they save you is not worth it IMO.)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos